Stardate 48038.5, McKinley Station, USS Voyager

F

Fenlander

I have read through some of these last threads a couple of times and I still have no idea what you two are talking about :laughing:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
LOL Graham, when i get into the build a little more you'll know what we're on about mate and it'll become clear (i think). You'll be a "Trekie" before you know it.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I'm not to sure either!

I worked on a "Star Trek" convention a few years ago at no less a venue than the Royal Albert Hall. The Japanese looking actor (sorry if that's wrong but I don't recall his name) became frustrated with questions from fans about warp drives etc and had finally reached the end of his tether. His reply to his final question was along the lines of "Look,it's not a real space ship,it's a sound stage and I'm an actor. I don't know if accelerating to warp speed would turn me to jam against a bulkhead or not". That resulted in a stunned silence from the audience,at least some of whom treated this as an unwelcome and somewhat disappointing revelation.

Still a good show and most importantly good fun.

Cheers

Steve

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I think you're looking for "Sulu" George Takei. I know where you're coming from though Steve, i love the show but wouldn't get into an argument about it. At the end of the day it's just one man's vision, and it's just nice to escape into his universe for an hour. Plus, never ever go close to anyone thats arguing about Star Trek and Star Wars, on ones wins and you end up with an headache.

Have fun, John

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's the fella John,and I couldn't agree more. It's a great piece of escapist television,I'm talking about the original series with which I'm familiar, and should be viewed as such. Tremendous stuff though I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the workings of the Enterprise's drive systems. You haven't got Sulu's....ooops I mean Takei's phone number have you?

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
I have read through some of these last threads a couple of times and I still have no idea what you two are talking about :laughing:
It's your sheltered upbringing Graham. All that time wasted on wine, women and song instead of the important things!

Gern

P

phalinmegob

you have sparked my curiosity in the other thread,how you getting on with this baby then ?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
you have sparked my curiosity in the other thread,how you getting on with this baby then ?
Very very slowly lol, every time i get the model out something comes up (like another model i like the looks of). I'm still cutting the windows out too, for one window i drill twice with a pin vice then clean it up to make it square (ish). But i am working on the nav lights (green & red), on all the Voyager models i've seen they flash but on the tv show they dont. The only ones that do is the white ones on top and the bottom of Voyager and they are sorted, if only i knew where i put them!!

Have fun, John

P

phalinmegob

think i will just paint the windows on mine when i get round to it lol

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Just had a blimp at your thread John and at 22/08/10 you had got down to 894 windows to go.....

Now I don't want to rush you or anything but at this rate St. Peter might have to lend a hand!!!!!!

Keep having fun,

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
LOL, i think you're right Ron. I'm going to get the Tiger out of the way and get stuck into Voyager, thats a promise.

Have fun, John

W

wanna_be_aviator

Nice to see you are back at work on this one John! I've been watching it with interest since last year. Keep up with the good work!

cheers

B

backonthecase

You ain't half a glutton for punishment John! Hope to see this photographed again soon!

Who knows I may even be tempted to get the Enterprise out of "dry dock" again!

:smiling3:

Stuart

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

May I ask if there is an update on your Voyager please, OH, and you must have the patience of a saint drilling all them holes...

Great work...

Andy...

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Hello Andy, the patience are slowly fading. When i'm thinking or just having five then i'll cut some more windows out, i've been working on how to fit the lighting over the last few days, so it's hasn't come to a stand still. Nav lights are sorted (green/red) they don't flash, strope lights (top/bottom) i've got and just need to build the hull. Warp engines i think will work with the idea i have, and that came from B.M.W, if it does work then i'll have space in the warp nacelle's to fit nav lights. Yes i'm still working on it, it's just slow lol.

Have fun, John

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
First things first, sit down before you fall down. Yes Voyager is back on the bench, only while i'm waiting for parts to turn up. Ordered some photo etch at £20 but well worth the money, so made some progress on the bridge section. As you can see, a lot needs to be taken off and i cut a little deep (oops!!). Once the detail has gone the plastic is very thin, so some filler was used underneath the bridge so no light would show after it's built. In the last photo you can see i started to cut the windows out the Ready Room, and (again) went too far but in the PE you get new windows (how lucky lol).

View attachment 50946View attachment 50947View attachment 50948View attachment 50949

Have fun, John

View attachment 53561

View attachment 53562

View attachment 53563

View attachment 53564

DSCF7598.jpg

DSCF7599.jpg

DSCF7600.jpg

DSCF7601.jpg

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I got one of these, so I'll watch with interest.

Tony.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Hi all, it's looks like i havn't done much but i have (honest). The PE is now on the bridge section, i cut out holes for the Ready Room & Conference Room and fitted the PE on them too. Tested to see if light would come through where the PE meets the plastic, and all is good. Started to fit the transporter emitters by sanding the old ones off.

View attachment 51017View attachment 51018View attachment 51021View attachment 51019View attachment 51020

Have fun, John

View attachment 53632

View attachment 53633

View attachment 53634

View attachment 53635

View attachment 53636

DSCF7602.jpg

DSCF7603.jpg

DSCF7604.jpg

DSCF7605.jpg

DSCF7606.jpg

D

duncankane

Neat lol I guess I should post up my1/350 USS Enterprise refit

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Neat lol I guess I should post up my1/350 USS Enterprise refit
Ahh, this is a long running project off mine. In other words, i get distracted by other builds lol, it will get finished someday though. Yes i have the 350 Enterprise too, if your's is all done get it posted up i'm sure alot would love to see it matey. I've just found out too, that Polar Lights have the original Enterprise in 1/350 scale.

Have fun, John