started the 262 but.....

W

windymiller

chris thats very kind, seeing the level of finish you guys achieve i guess its been easy to be self critical but as i say its a first attempt lol and as they say "things can only get better" !!!!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
D:Ream, 1993 :smiling3: (Trivia question: who was in that band but is now better known for entirely different things he does?)

But yes, this is looking very good for a first attempt. In addition to the tip you got from the YouTubers, if you’re going to spray things that you masked off in order to get hard-edged camouflage, like on the wings of your model, then you don’t need ultrafine control over the paint. The masking already keeps it off the bits you don’t want painted, after all.

D

Deleted member 7181

That's looking great Alan.

I too want to try a larger nozzle in my airbrush. I'm managing with a 0.2 but there are times when I feel like I need more flow, like priming and varnishing a full model for example. Like my day job, I can always reduce the paint flow on a larger nozzle with trigger control but can't go past maximum on a smaller one, if that makes sense.

D:Ream, 1993 :smiling3: (Trivia question: who was in that band but is now better known for entirely different things he does?)
I had no idea but the wife knew straight away. She's a little younger than me so it's more her era lol.