Starter set challenge.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
quick question.....just to clarify.............can we use masking tape?........im thinking of those canopies!.......microsol?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Masking tape! I thought this was a Starter kit..... :tongue-out3:

Next you'll all want to use 'Kleer'

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I am going to write here the basic tools allowed.
Other than the kit contents.
Knife
Tweezers
Masking tape
And a sanding stick or paper.
We all have to think are selves as 10 year olds.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
@peterairfix
Anychance of a list of those taking part? I have waded through 4 pages and can only find nine that have said yes to taking part...
Given the complexity of this project, did you mean three months? three weeks? or three days..... lol

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
@peterairfix
Anychance of a list of those taking part? I have waded through 4 pages and can only find nine that have said yes to taking part...
Given the complexity of this project, did you mean three months? three weeks? or three days..... lol
It's a three month build as there are so many starter kits out there myself I have ten in the stash.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Once did a 48 hour blitz build gb.,...managed to do a 1/24 tamiya lotus 7....all in the prep

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
For all those taking part in this build I think it should run for a weekend. Just like it used to be. Buy it on Saturday and be flying it by Sunday night. Good luck chaps.

Nice idea, but not practical for me. I have 3 kids and a wife that works weekends, between homework, parties and sports events there's no way I can just sit and model for a weekend.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
C'mon Ian it states 3 months at the start of the thread.

Have you been on that awful fizzy foreign beer again?!..... :sleeping::sleeping:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I make it 11
I just could not see the trees for the forrest. Or is it the other way around?
LOL

@peterairfix I will set up a forum and a chat thread and close this one down. ( i will PM you when it is ready)
Well done on getting this one to the line. Who knows If I fall over something I might have a go at one myself.

Have you been on that awful fizzy foreign beer again?!..... :sleeping::sleeping:
Nope dont like fizzy beer. And we can get some good stuff here now..... English style beer is so popular, there are micro breweries popping up left right and center.... :smiling3: