Starter set challenge.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Peter

If its okay I would like to have a release from the joys of oil paint, research and fine detailing. The Airfix range is limited for AFV's so I will be going with the Cromwell

s-l500.png

Am I allowed to modify the parts ie add damage, hollow out the barrel etc??

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Hi Peter

If its okay I would like to have a release from the joys of oil paint, research and fine detailing. The Airfix range is limited for AFV's so I will be going with the Cromwell

View attachment 322419

Am I allowed to modify the parts ie add damage, hollow out the barrel etc??
Just so long as your son go over board as I want to keep as per rules just to remind every body no airbrush allowed use what's in the box any weathering can be added later.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Pretend you're 10 years old again and have just spent your pocket money. Get home, coat off, beg mum for one of her nail sanders, newspaper on the dining room table and get you biscuit tin with your snippers, tweezers and Acto knife from under your bed. You'll have it built, painted and hung up by tea time.
Maybe not 'cause we are experienced adult modellers but have fun going back to basics!
Jim

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Right chaps can we have a role call just a simple I am in will do so I can keep tabs.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Going to be interesting this one, especially Steve’s....he has a green Cromwell that doesn’t appear to have been supplied with green paint....got a great red though......

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm in too.
Here's my kit.
P1210488.JPG

Tim - I have two Cromwells identical to Steve's - Except I have all the correct paints in both starter kits. Nothing like his motley collection!.......:confused:

Ron

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pretend you're 10 years old again and have just spent your pocket money. Get home, coat off, beg mum for one of her nail sanders, newspaper on the dining room table and get you biscuit tin with your snippers, tweezers and Acto knife from under your bed. You'll have it built, painted and hung up by tea time.

and thats exactly why this GB appeals!

back to basics

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Right chaps to clarify the rules one more time it's strictly out of the box build no modifications and using only the kit contents.As my title says starter box challenge so sorry to disappoint all those that want to modify their bulids.

P

Polux

Well...seems there is enough members to close that one!! Congrats Peter!

This one will be a funny challenge!