Starwars kits

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all for Christmas my kids asked what I wanted and I said surprise me, get me something I've not built before.

They didn't disappoint I got these

IMG-20191227-4838.jpg

IMG-20191227-47385.jpg

IMG-20191227-46759.jpg

IMG-20191227-48743.jpg

I've never built one of these kits before or this subject matter.

The kits look really good (although I wouldn't really know how detailed they are)

The instructions look a bit basic.

No idea what to do with these kits, will have to do some research.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You won't be disappointed Ken. They're superb little kits and the level of detail is absolutely amazing.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ken you'll have to watch some starwars films for reseach purposes an they look some great kits
chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Look great kits. Different scales though? Would love to have a crack at that Snowspeeder

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Great kits Ken, although I have some Bandai too I haven’t built any yet, reviews are pretty good about them.
If you can have a look at episodes IV till VI you’ll see these featured the most and they are a good subject for weathering.
Have fun!

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I've only built the Bandai scout walker, but it was a lovely little kit. There are known issues with enamel products attacking the plastic on that kit, making it brittle. Not sure if it's the same for other Bandai SW kits.

First Name
Brian
I have built a few Bandai Star Wars models, Detail and quality is excellent, I am currently building the Tie Advanced x1 1/72 kit and adding lighting which is fun! I could do with some advice on paint colours, I have looked on line but wondered if any members could help?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Anyone know why they all seem to be different scales? Was thinking about adding a few to my stash especially the AT-ST and Snowspeeder

First Name
Brian
Bandai scales seem to be anything from 1/6 & 1/12 figures and droids, 1/48, 1/72, 1/144 fighters to the falcon and the miniatures who knows the scale! I have built a few of the various scale and the completed builds are a nice size for display. I have learnt a great deal from tagamo modelworx on you tube, his builds are amazing with painting, weathering and lighting including the Snowspeeder and AT-ST.
The detail on Bandai kits are amazing and with no fit issues.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Brian
I see that you are into SI/FI as im a trekkie what SI/FI do you like ?
chris

First Name
Brian
Hi Chris
I do like Star Wars as my grandson is a big fan hence my Bandai collection & dvds but I do like the original Star Trek series & films with William Shatner and also the new films with Chris pine. I have watched some of the Enterprise model builds by Trekworks and they look amazing.
Brian

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
but I do like the original Star Trek series & films with William Shatner and also the new films with Chris pine.

Cannot stand WS myself. Found him a very rubbish actor who loved himself far to much. Love Star wars though especially the Tie Fighter 'shriek'. Even the new film offerings are good. But looking at your kits, i really do think i need to save up for the AT-ST and Snowspeerder.

First Name
Brian
Hi Chris
Totally agree with WS acting, but bearing in mind when the series was made i suppose it was good for its time. I did buy my most of my Bandai kits a couple of years ago, the prices now seem to be a bit expensive.
I have a Snowspeeder in my stash looks a good build especially if I can light it.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Totally agree with WS acting, but bearing in mind when the series was made i suppose it was good for its time. I did buy my most of my Bandai kits a couple of years ago, the prices now seem to be a bit expensive.
I have a Snowspeeder in my stash looks a good build especially if I can light it.

HI Brain pm sent to you
chris