Stephenson's Rocket

First Name
Gwyn
I am just starting to make Stephenson's Rocket from the kit by OcCre. It seems to be a fairly well made kit with wooden and whitemetal cast parts

143895-be422197eeccca18793d6ac48cbbe0cb.jpg

I have made up the cylinder

143892-3df3a4dd9e776cb83637cf3ef8eb1542.jpg

and have started to make the tender

143893-0803e56a5e29fc52195b6f5868b62293.jpg

I am not a fast modeller, I am retired but find little time to get into my mancave but will try to take more photos as the project progresses.

Gwyn

P4261251.JPG

P4261250.JPG

Stephenson Rocket 002.jpg

F

Fenlander

Modelling isn't a race Gwyn. Doesn't matter how long it takes so long as you enjoy the build. Looking good by the way:smiling3:

First Name
Gwyn
\ said:
Modelling isn't a race Gwyn. Doesn't matter how long it takes so long as you enjoy the build. Looking good by the way:smiling3:
Hope you have more time at the end of your countdown.

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start on this one,Gwyn,

as with Steve,do find this very interesting, ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi Gwyn I did the Airfix/Dapol kit not long ago, it's a lovely train with a lot of history but looks very different now if you check it out in the science museum.

N

noble

This is looking good so far, take your time and enjoy the build.

Scott

First Name
Gwyn
I have attached the boiler to the cylinder and attached the brass tie rods

P5111258.JPG

Rocket front.gif

And I have started to paint the tender

P5111265.JPG

I am quite pleased with the progress, just doing a small bit when I get the time (grandchild duties amongst other things)

•  

A

Awins

I made one of these a few years ago and found it to be a wonderful kit witb a difference.

I broke up some coal into small pieces and placed this into the tender and secured it with watered down PVA glue. I also mounted this onto a board with a dummy section of track complete with sleepers. It looks wonderful on our shelf in the lounge.

Take your time and enjoy your build Gwyn

First Name
Gwyn
Well some progress to report, the biggest job was the building of the water storage barrel, so that is finished and I have done the wheels on the tender. The tender is nearly finished now, only some minor bits to do and some touching up.P7201336.JPG

I have also managed some more to the engine, although there is a lot still to do.

P7201335.JPGP7201333.JPG

Well I have been enjoying the time I have been able to put to this model and will post some more pictures as I make more progress.

P

Polux

Oh my God!! How I can missed this one!!!

Sorry Gwyn!!

Looking very good so far ;)

First Name
Gwyn
Well it has been a while but I have been making progress on this one.

P1000015.JPGP1000016.JPG

It is getting to the stage of seeing a finished project, even though there is still a lot to do.

P1000019.JPG

There have been a lot of fiddly pipes and brackets to bend and fit, shaky hands do not help one little bit!!

P1000021.JPG

The next stage is to fit the wheels, they are being painted at the moment. I am not looking forward  fitting them and the linkages.

When I got this kit I also bought the display base kit which I have made a start on. If anyone else is intending to make this base then don't follow the instructions as they give you a layout drawing to stick to the base so that you get the sleepers and rails in the right position, the positions on the layout are wrong you are better drawing it out yourself using the rails supplied to space the sleepers. Here is my base so far.

P1000023.JPG