Steve H Meng Toon Pz IIIN conversion to a Stug III, flavour still to b determined!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
At last,
this is the victim
85AK7Ei.jpg

some minor surgery
otu01P8.jpg

Now all I need to do is "Toon" some scratch work
AJzqaO8.jpg

Not sure if the gun mantle is OK for an early Stug or if I will need to make an F or G
More soon

Steve H

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Well you're the first in Pete's GB to convert a Toon. I'm in to see how you get on.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Steve, I've never seen anyone convert a Toon into a Stug III so you might be the first, seen the long-barrelled 7.5 cm KwK 40 gun convertion done so good luck I'll be whaching this one with interest.

His may or may help.

Dry Fitting Test Tip.
The only downside is that dry fitting is a problem as once the two parts are together they are some times very hard to separate. I soon learnt that early on with the toon tanks, I should have mentioned it, far be it for me to tell any of you how to build but a quick sand around the connecting pins and you can get them apart again without damage, the other tip is to cut 3/5mm of the smaller connecting pin the male one, that is best one I have found.

I would also recommend that you thoroughly wash the tank tracks, on the last two toons thay were very oily and even the sprues had a slight oily feel.

I haven't come across a glue that won't glue these together yet and I glue everything on.

Pete.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Sorry for the delay chaps

Found out about the dry fitting the hard way Pete, but thanks

The Stug III F long barrel has been flagged for release so I'll do a short barrel L24 Stug III A or B.

Progress to date after changing the rear deck and there will be some changes to the tool layout

ZHy6wXB.jpg

kCwD1pk.jpg

6WtWI7J.jpg

EuxWVQl.jpg

Now for the fun, adapting the short barreled gun and building a new superstructure and trying to keep it all "toon"

More soon

Regards

Steve H