Steve Jones' M1A2 SEP Main Battle Tank, Flyhawk 1/72

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Fantastic work Steve, really liking the weathering and all the stowage on this. Really glad you got it finished.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I'm really impressed... since it's 1/72.... DAAAAMMMNNN... wonderful job Steve

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Excellent result buddy...you must be very happy with the result:smiling4:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
First class build Steve and plenty of thought given to the presentation too. Such things make a world of difference to a completed model.

Top all round build.

Ron

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thanks Ralph. Appreciate the support mate
Me too Ian. It was worth all the hassle
Glad you like it Greg. Its a mad size to work on
JR came round to see the build in person Peter. I couldn't stop him - honest
The best 1 72 I have done to date Si. Looking to improve with the next one
I did have a video of it firing a shell Ron but the system wouldn't allow me to upload it. Glad you like it

• Haha
Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Wow give yourself a massive pat on the back mate, That is a superb build in any scale.

D

Deleted member 5819

Hi Steve, that's a stunning piece of work all the extra work you put into it was certainly worth it, love all the little details especially the stowage and the weathering is very convincing.
Pete.:thumb2:

D

Deleted member 6559

Pretty damn marvellous Steve. Amazing that it's only 1/72 - looks so much bigger.

First Name
Wouter
I can honestly say: WOW. I think this is one of your best so far mate. The whole picture really is looking good. And as mentioned, you wouldn't say it's 1/72nd scale. Well done bud!

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Good grief!
That's incredible, Steve, top job!
the others have said it all but the details are brilliant. I had to wait to see the pics on my pc and they didn't disappoint.
and in 1-72 scale.......amazing!
I think you have to remove the word apprentice from your avatar- you are a fully -fledged bodger :thumb2:
Neil

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's kind of you to say Scottie. Couldn't reach my back so got the Mrs's to do it :smiling2:
Thanks Colin
I'm pleased you thought the weathering was convincing Pete. It can sometimes overwhelm a model but as you say its Goldilocks this time:thumb2:
I know what you mean Peter. But my brain ache and strained eyes definitely points to a 1 72:smiling5:
I would agree with you Wouter. Still a way to go for the perfect build. Thanks for all your support mate
I'm still an apprentice bodger as far as my building quality goes Neil but the paintwork is certainly improving. Thanks for the positive feedback

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
What can I say that hasn't been said. I will simple repeat some of their observations.
Amazing weathering - incredible detail - stowage superb - stunning scratched add ons - your best yet - 1/72 WOW!
A real tribute to your patience and skill. You have to be very proud of what you have acheived.
Jim

Last edited:
First Name
Wouter
I would agree with you Wouter. Still a way to go for the perfect build. Thanks for all your support mate
Trust me, the perfect build doesn't exist. I have seen work of the real Masters and even theirs isn't flawless. Recently I saw a great build in a book (can't remember which one anymore) and an in-detail shot showed a seamline which the great chap forgot to sand away before painting and weathering. I must admit it made me feel a bit better really :smiling5: