Steve Jones Panther Ausf G Early Production Rye Field Model 1:35 (AAGB)

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Your as busy into your build as me! I wonder who will get to the wet stuff first :cool:

lovey work mate:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:smiling6: Steve, what can I say, a kit after your heart. Even as an OOB it has all the attributes of detail that you would have wanted to add. I particularly like the unseen parts like the turret ring...perfect for a dio of a knocked out Panther with internal combustion, hatches open with turret lying a few meters away. Saves on scratch building. This kit is loaded.
You are still sticking to OOB as long as you don't scratch or add AM stuff. Just so happens you picked the wrong kit for a stroll in the park. :smiling2:

So far looks really good and a lovely job keeping your hands of modifying.:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Appreciate the support Wouter. These OOB builds are quite fast
Cheers Andy
Glad you like it Allen
Great info Jakko. Many thanks
Thanks Scottie. Steady build but enjoying it immensely
Cheers Bob
You Si. I still have all the wheels to do
Its wonderfully detailed Richard. I have been so impressed. I wil be doing a little bit of scratchery but that is for extras not corrections

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If I’m honest, that “hexagonal” mesh looks like an attempt at chain-link fencing in etched brass to me, not chicken wire.

Can’t help with the vent covers, though — my knowledge and library on Panthers aren’t sufficient to answer detail questions like that :sad:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Steve, according to Jentz and Doyle the louvered vent covers were a late 1944 addition so if your panther is pre December 1944 you are good to go. Cheers, Rick H.

p.s. The crew compt. heaters were added in October 1944 which would utilize the taller fan cover on the l.h. side

Last edited:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
ONE WORD... FANTASTIC... the level of details that you are putting in this Panther is AWESOME...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Glad that you got the help you needed but this sort of thing is a great example of what a group build is about and should have, perhaps, been posed in the build thread.
A: it keeps things together.
B: it adds interest to the build and adds to the group build...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I assume that you can merge threads as admin? That would take care of this problem :smiling3:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I would like to keep both threads separate please. Many thanks

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I've a Panther G line drawing that shows some lugs about as high as they're wide and slightly longer than that, welded where your model shows their outline. No text on their use. PaulE

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Steve i merged your two Panther threads together so all valuable information was in one place and easy to find for you, thread watchers/contributors and future searchers

If you feel this is a problem then please feel free to PM either myself or another admin

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I would like to keep both threads separate please. Many thanks
I can understand that to a point Steve. However the way this forum is we like to at least try to keep things together. We have had this happen befor but from a new starter in the hobby.
Before long there where 15 threads in 10 different places. In short it was a mess.
As I explained to them,; think of the GB's as a little club room build where all help each other right there at the bench.
The odd one slips by once in a while but we try to keep on top of it.
I hope that you understand.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Being the simpleton that I am I'm afraid I still don't see the logic of what you have done. I don't like the way my build blog now looks with all the chit chat and research blog being added. Please can you return the original blog back to the way it was and just delete the second blog where I was asking all the questions. Many thanks

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Please can you return the original blog back to the way it was and just delete the second blog where I was asking all the questions. Many thanks
Short answer: No.
Once a two threads have been merged it can not be undone. Sorry if this upsets you but this (Having all the build of a project within the build), is the the way we wish the forum to continue.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
I can't help with any of your queries but as always the knowledge people on this forum are sure to come up trumps. As for the model - it is looking brilliant. I appreciate that the kit is good to start with but you are definitely making it pop. Love the work with the mesh. And not a single bit clogged up with CA :thumb2: ..... that deserves a special pat on the back.
Jim