Steve's Little Big Car (Tamiya 1/48 7 Ton Armoured car)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start on this one,Steve,good progress so far, :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice model Steve, looks like a good kit too.

J

John Rixon

That looks like a little belter, never tried this scale for armour, how's it feel?

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That looks like a little belter, never tried this scale for armour, how's it feel?

feels good, starting to think about dumping some of my big kits (1/35th) and get a few more of these little tykes. upsides - Take up less room, faster builds - more time to paint and weather (the best bit for me), loads more accesories than their used to be. Downside - need good eyesight - or decent glasses, tweezers for most of the parts, Not a lot of modern armour - unless you go down the resin route.

J

John Rixon

Agree about the painting stage, one of the reasons I've been sailing through my Saladin! Eyesight is an issue for me though, I have to use my readers for general work, and an anglepoise magnifier for close-up work. As for the resin route, I will have to give it a go, even though it can be pricey. I have a 200mm Soldier to build and paint, and the detail and surface of this is astonishing, stinks when you cut it though!!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks good ,Steve,,will wait to see how you paint this one, 9_9

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Steve,like the mud splatter, :D

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Looking good! B|

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very nice Steve. I might have to have a look at some of these 1/48 armour kits....
Great job on the weathering but I cant help thinking that it will be a bugger to put the markings on now. I normally do them right after paint before any washes/filters,
Once weathered I (sometimes) 'wash' the markings off a bit to look like an attempt to keep them clean....

Nice little big car build.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job on the weathering but I cant help thinking that it will be a bugger to put the markings on now. I normally do them right after paint before any washes/filters,
Once weathered I (sometimes) 'wash' the markings off a bit to look like an attempt to keep them clean....

Nice little big car build.

Ta,

No markings going on now. Couldn't find any reference shots with the markings i had available :sad:  so just muddied up where they would be,plus quite a few WWII photos show these cars without markings. Since applying the dirt i was sent a link to a pile of photos and one showed a vehicle with a NW Europe  British 3rd Division formation sign, which is on the Universal Carrier decal sheet :|  . Will have to see how high it sits on the front mudguard  :S