Still here folks

First Name
rob
Hi everyone. Sorry I've not been posting for a while but fell out of love with the hobby because of making models for other people.was getting asked to do some really boring stuff and I hated it. After a little rest,ive decided that everything I model is gonna be my choice, my benefit and my enjoyment. Gonna carry on with my railway layout for now but will be starting 1.350 hms dreadnought ASAP

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice to see you back Rob. Looking forward to seeing more of your work mate.

Si:smiling3:

L

Laurie

Welcome back Rob. Had the same thing with making films which I was really enjoying. Once I started in a pro (low level) way making wedding videos and such like money for it it lost its fun aspect.

Laurie

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Never thought of making models for others, maybe it's something I should think about. I have so many on display in my home and frankly even though I've always thought I could never part with any of them I think I'm starting to come about a bit. I just am at a crossroads at the mo, sometimes it seems you're only as good as your last build. I will have to look into the market {if there is one} Shipping etc.. I know I'm a world away from most of you chaps {geographically speaking} But maybe some of you who are into that sort of thing can help me understand a bit more. feel free to scan some of my stuff on the site and let me know if you think I have a shot at this sort of thing. Are there collectors who are not modelers who are interested in historical reproductions of AFVs or particular milt vehicles? Even though I do have an extensive stash, many of them were given me and some are not exactly what I would like to build {personally speaking} Being a pensioner the prices of many of the newer releases are a bit out of my reach, but if I can generate some {modeling} income it would help me to purchase other kits that would spark my interest more. EBay is such a hassle, Pay-Pal is in the midst of a class action lawsuit so I really don't want to use them. In a quandary....Jim :confused:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Jim, a good start is to contact your local plastic pusher and put yourself forward. Yes there are people that would like a model of some thing with a personal attachment but can not make them. The hard part is finding one to build it for them. An advert in the local paper maybe?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice to see you back Rob, :D

will look forward to seeing your post again,

and i fully understand were that's coming from,:rolleyes: