Stona's Hummer...yikes

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Well folks I've finally made a start on this.

Incredibly I've never built a vehicle before in my life.......how hard can it be?

Actually surprisingly hard. As an aircraft builder I take it for granted that I know what things were made of,how they went together,even how they were finished and painted. With this,that is definitely NOT the case :smiling3:

Here's the kit,I'll be doing the camo rather than desert version.

And here's a start. For heaven's sake don't use this as a guide for your build. I've no idea what I'm doing but it looks nice!

This may take a while as I've got a lot of work comittments coming up,but I'll keep going when I can.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
Looks interesting Steve.By the way,have you seen Vaughans 'Avatar mugshots' thread.....?

C

CDW

Nowt wrong with that for a starting point mate.

I can give you a tip for the distant future ... throw the decals in the bin ... no matter what i did to them they just wouldn't stay put and they looked .... well.... crap!! ..... saying this you might have a lot more luck with the decals than me with your experience:smiling3:

I'm having a root round for something that'll do.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Decals?......there's decals :smiling3:

Thanks for the head up.

I've had to stop here for a bit.....work.

It's all gone together quite well so far,which is a bit worrying. I suppose this is like all the detail in a cockpit,never seen again.

Dave,if I can find a photo suitable for family viewing and which won't scare everyone's pets I'll sort it out :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
well buddy your doing a good job so far just hope i make the transition from Armour to aircraft as easy as you bud

M

mobear

looking good steve,just remember wings are not folded they cover the wheels lol

mobear

P

Polux

Hi Steve!! Just welcome, and thank you very much to join in!!

I said it! This Hummer will be a master piece, looks very nice and "clean" work.

After this...I suppose, you will return quickly to airplanes...but your life never will be the same again... lol ;)

The armour vehicles will be there, near and in your mind, now for ever!! ;) ;) ;)

In a future you will say...'-Maybe I have to do another...?'

Thanks again Steve! Don't belive my comments, it's a joke!!

Polux