'' Stubborn Emil resting '' - Trumpeter 1:35

V

virtue66

Good day people ....

I feel good today. As you all know, I have a dissertation to write and I need to write at least 18000 words. Today, I have got up to 19087 words so, I'm actually feeling good. I just need to write a final conclusion, fix some words and sentences and some more touch ups and I should be ready to submit by the 11th of September. Therefore, I have decided to celebrate by finishing the photo shoot, editing the photos and launch another finished kit.

I have been working for this kit for quite some time now, it just got pushed back and back and finally managed to finished it.

I painted the entire thing in VMA German Grey. Since it was a mono-tone vehicle, I had a great time playing with the highlights and shadows.

The kit is build out of the box with the exception of the metal barrel, which was sourced from RB Model.

I bought a set of SPG rider crew from Mini-art and fixed the poses accordingly to fit on my Sturer Emil.

For the weathering, I wanted to show it used well enough but not entirely beat up so much from the Offensive during Operation Babarossa.

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/stubborn-emil-resting-trumpeter-135.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

P

Polux

Excellent model ;)

Personally I really like the streaking grime effect, looks very well done!

Cheers

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
great build real lov the weathering and unkeeped look ,thats how i like them very well done

First Name
Aaron
All those big beautiful panels...what a weathering dream this must have been. Top marks from me.

D

dubster72

I looked at this one on your blog Gary because the pictures on here don't do it justice.

That's an excellent build, the paintwork is superb as is the weathering. Lovely chipping effects. From your comments on your blog, I'd say the spare track is too rusty - by 1941 German tracks were coated in a rust-resistant black paint.

Other than that, top work!

Cheers

Patrick

V

virtue66

\ said:
I looked at this one on your blog Gary because the pictures on here don't do it justice.That's an excellent build, the paintwork is superb as is the weathering. Lovely chipping effects. From your comments on your blog, I'd say the spare track is too rusty - by 1941 German tracks were coated in a rust-resistant black paint.

Other than that, top work!

Cheers

Patrick
I knew it .. I had a feeling those tracks were just TOO rusty ... darn it .. oh well.. Gonna have give stuffs like this more thoughts next time

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Another quality build Gary

Lee :smiling3:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Great build!! Dig the weathering!! :D

There is next to no room in the fighting compartment! :eek:

How did they manage in the day???o_O

V

virtue66

\ said:
Great build!! Dig the weathering!! :D There is next to no room in the fighting compartment! :eek:

How did they manage in the day???o_O
I read that they always keep the gun lowered like that to make some more room. It is also said that after each shot, the gun has to be lowered for the breech to within reach..... imagine heaving a 12.8cm round up and down a raised breech ... ouch

N

noble

That looks spot on. The weathering on this is just right and those figures look good too.

scott