Stuffed fables

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

OK so this is a strange one.

Not my normal genre.

We bought the game stuffed fables for our granddaughter(it was on her list provided by her parents) we know nothing about the game but Becky (our daughter in law) said all the characters in the game are just grey plastic "there are 6 of them" she said but she had seen somewhere someone had painted them to look like the characters and they looked so much better.

She said with my modelling background could I paint them (I did think to say I've never done figures but then thought, it's only six and it's just a game they will be really simple )

Well as you can see it's not 6

IMG-9238.jpg

And they are no simple they are very detailed, so no pressure only have to do them by Xmas.

I love Megan (my granddaughter) so will do my absolute best but this is totally new waters to me.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
As these are for your much loved granddaughter I am sure you will make a great job of them. She will not judge them with a modeller's critical eye but will just see a wonderful pressie from her granddad.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Not heard of these. Good luck with the painting.

ATB.

Andrew

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Holy moly, you've got some work there! Good luck - I'm sure your granddaughter will be absolutely delighted with them, no matter what level of detail you decide to go for! ;):thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Ken….looks a lot of fun figures there….as you are pressed for time, look into the Games Workshop contrast paint colour range….if you use them on over the recommended primer (needs to be a smooth light primer to work well apparently, not a matt primer) they will paint and shade in one go….that could save you significant time!

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I'm quite enjoying this. In the game play and the instructions there are pictures of the 6 main characters but not much of the protagonists which is why there are so many different colours of the other characters (other people are having the same problem as me) so I've decided any I can't find official colours of I'm going to do as colourful as possible.

I've got to say it's quite a morbid game the characters (even the goodies) are quite gothic.

IMG-9247.jpg

IMG-9248.jpg

IMG-9249.jpg

IMG-9250.jpg

IMG-9251.jpg

IMG-9252.jpg

IMG-9253.jpg

IMG-9254.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Ken, Great progress so far! Since these are "Gaming" figures you might check with Tim Marlow, as to what might be the best product to varnish them with....since children are involved you will need something quite durable as well as Non-Toxic. Cheers, Rick H.

D

Deleted member 3568

These are all valejo colours so far (my preference is enamel but I figure acrylics are safer) don't know what I can do with the metal beings, the jaws on the gorilla were OK but there are whole wolves or dogs in metal not sure I can create a realistic wolf using acrylics, we will see.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Mr. Marlow has been down that street already, I'm sure he can give you some helpful pointers. :thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Best varnish is Klear as a gloss because it’s hard wearing, then if necessary or wanted, top it off with your favourite matt varnish.
As to wolves (in fact all animals), I’d find a picture you like and copy what you see. Usually the dark colours are found on the upper parts of the wolf with the lighter parts underneath. Don’t try to make the scheme up because they are not as obvious as they seem.

D

Deleted member 3568

I could really get into this, I have to keep reminding myself this is for an 8 year old and she won't appreciate subtle shading and weathering, oh how I would love to go to town on those wolves (I'm calling them wolves I don't know if that's what they are) I could take the seam lines out but I'm on a tight schedule, and anyway they are cleverly molded where the creatures are stitched together (a lot of kit manufacturers could take lessons from the way these are molded I've only found 1 release pin mark and unless you were looking for it you wouldn't see it.

IMG-9271.jpg

IMG-9272.jpg

IMG-9273.jpg

IMG-9274.jpg

IMG-9266.jpg

IMG-9267.jpg

IMG-9268.jpg

IMG-9269.jpg

IMG-9270.jpg

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those do look like "fun"..........not what I expected when you mentioned wolves the other day :thinking:.....sort of a different looking creature. Looks to me like you have this well in hand Ken. Keep up the good work. :thumb2:
Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just come across this Ken . Your granddaughter is going to be one happy young lady when see see these .Like Rick I had no idea the wolves would look like that, but the finish you've done looks ok .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely Ken!!

They do look like a lot of fun

ATB

Andrew