Stug O series

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Sounds painful Bob

I am having a new knee next Tuesday, falling to bits too!!

Hope to get some building done during the 6-8 weeks recovery and physio

Stugs are never boring

That Ramschaufel look cool

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Graeme, welcome aboard!

Steve best of luck with the knee, soon be playing on the wing again

Will have a go at the dozer, have a ideal revell Stug in mind

Bob

PJR

First Name
Paul
Any time of the day is a good time for StuGs!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Bob!! Great to see you back at the bench with another Stug. I really wanted to do one next year but my bench is fully booked so I will enjoy watching your offering come together:thumb2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Si more progress, a tad late!!

finally got back to the Stug, I have not enjoyed this build one bit and its a labour of hate. Just want to get it done and in storage LOL so I can return to the almost ready Dragon Stug A (version 1), in the background. then the version 2

Stug O 4 001.JPG

Stug O 4 002.JPG

Think its one Stug to far! its got a shed load of tiny bits and yes much better mogglers have done it proud but not me. I have made mistake after mistake and starting this after a gap in my moggling was not wise. should have done an other lovely Tamiya Stug.

But too late now!

bob

First Name
Wouter
Good to see the StuG back at the bench Bob. It ain't looking to shabby at all I must say. Hope you can turn the hate back into love and finish the good ol' lady while having a bit of fun ^^

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Too kind Wouter, lots of glue marks and over zealous cleaning up (plastic soft) well that's my excuse. really trying my nerves :astonished:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Bob

Good to see you back and getting into the swing.

A good Tamiya with a little twist is just what the Dr needs to order.

Then you can pop back to this beasty full of positiveness.

I bought the MiniArt 0 just to try it after kit bashing one, I also got the other Stug III/ Stuh 42 book too!

I still have the Ausf A versions 1 and 2 sat in a box in the attic waiting for daylight and bench time.

Its always Stug time somewhere in the world LOL

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve, good to hear from a fellow Stugy!

I just have found the O to be a over complicated build with poor plans, just me no doubt!

I have every Stug model and a good few of each model. Plus a box of accessories to make models with field mods. Could call it a addiction lol.

If you look in the back ground you can see the first A, i have a second dragon A to do the A second series.

Bob

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Bob,
Well it looks very close to the finish line...glad it’s not been boxed up and forgotten about.
Building my first Miniart kit at the moment and I’m loving it....lots of small fiddly bits are certainly making it a tricky build but I’m a weirdo and enjoy it:tongue-out3:

Don’t give in mate....nearly there:smiling4:

• Haha

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bob,
Looks fine to me and you are certainly up to the task of making a good job of this

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Si, hope you are. Off work for another month due to lack of breath, blasted pnuemonia

I have a bad habit of not paying enough attention to the plans and also rushing. But, many of the smaller parts have large sprue gates which meant i broke a few and had problems cleaning them up, so all my fault lol

Evening Scottie many thanks but the quicker this leaves the bench the better! Come back Dragon, alls forgiven. Lol

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
As the others have said it ain't looking bad. Put it to one side, build something you have enthusiasm for BUT promise yourself you will complete it in the not too distant future. Too much done for it to simply be forgotten.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bob, worry not, the last resort is fire, or a wreak.
I can't see any glue marks, I can show you glue any day :smiling2::smiling2:
Plenty of mud, a few branches, the odd bit of camo net , jobs a good um .
John .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Jim, sound advice sir! But on a mission lol. Although got a tammy Stug??

Hi John, trick photo, lol. Will have a bit of light sanding to do. I really must sort out my building faults!

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Bob

Hope you don't mind talking Stug for awhile

I just realised, did your "0" have the corrected rear deck?

MiniArt have been sending out corrective parts since last June, I know mine was wrong as I built it back in 2015

I think I was also being a smart arse with the Ausf A, versions 1 and 2 from the Zimmermann books.

The old Dragon Stug III A had such a soft base, I just used the tops and got a Ausf H from the dragon range for the bases.

I have ordered another Stuh 42 turned barrel as I fancy doing an upgrade for one of my very weary Dragon 39-45 early Stugs

Then replace them with the HobbyBoss Bronco ones.

They do look good too.

I have just found a resin waffle zimmerit tool after looking for years and years.

I got it from BNA down under for £10, well worth it, I had given up hope of ever finding one!

I have a toon Stug III L24 short barrel conversion on the bench just to keep the Stug feel alive, though I have only just remembered it!

Its hidden under a large North African village, a T34/85, a Pz IV F2, 3 x 1:32 airfix 1960's cars, and several dozen jerry cans and barrels!

Have a good time playing with your Stugs whilst you get over the Pneumonia

Always good to talk Stug

Regards

Steve H

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Hi Steve

Any time is Stug time!

Yes it has the engine deck, although i left off the pe as i really need to practice.

Yep i built a old Dragon A. Terrible kit, the new A is great with most of the parts for the second A, so got two!

D

Durk

Hi Bob, from the pictures this Stug looks very good :thumb2:. Keep at it, would be great to see it finished.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi Bob

surprised to read the new Dragon 6860 Stug III A has the version 2 front plate with the correct hinges?

Every day is a good day for a Stug, though eyes and hands are pushing towards the large kitties!

I need to build some Pz I's before I can't!

Keep up the good work Bob

Regards

Steve H