Stupid man with beer does unlimited damage to front windshield of Revell Spitfire Mk XV1 model.

M

Mark Rees

Yes, yes. stupid idiot. I know there is no way back, But...... Any suggestions to salvaging the model? Ive been modelling throughout my life, off and on, and since a heart attack last August, decided that I'll model properly..... Nah, I'll model between beers!

Im in the last stages of building a Revell 0:48 scale model of a Supermarine Spitfire MkXVI - the one that you can adapt to show the engine and gun ports and has a nice cockpit..... Aaaaanyway, a bad bit of misjudgement has produced a front windshield full of fingerprints..... Any way back?? I do realise that there isn't apart from buying the model again. But as Ive just been made unemployed, then this is a stupid idea.... Or is it???

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Send a request to Revell and just tell them that you damaged the part (which is the truth) and they will send you a new one. It might take a while but they normally come through.

Have not packed the model gear out yet, but if I find it I will let you know...

Ian M

First Name
Dave
I did the same thing with a Hurricane canopy a few years ago.Got glue on it after drinking a few beers whilst modelling!. I left it a few weeks then managed to carefully sand then polish out the damage.Took a long time though.

L

Laurie

\ said:
Send a request to Revell and just tell them that you damaged the part (which is the truth) and they will send you a new one
Did the same Mark for a bit lost on a Revell Apache. Said it would take up to a lot of weeks. But could be the last thing you need to fix into position so not so bad. Could repair the broken one and use it as a templte to get everything prepared just to drop the new one in.

Laurie