Sturmgeschutz III Ausf.G "Finnish Army"

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi got the hairy sticks out again and had a go at a free hand camo pattern, I know it's :poop: all detail painting is also done, decals on and sealed. Just hope Mr Bob doesn't see it he will be very upset :disappointed::disappointed::loudly-crying:.
IMG_20191031_205611725.jpgIMG_20191031_205647335.jpgIMG_20191031_205708766.jpgIMG_20191031_205720561.jpgIMG_20191031_205730946_BURST001.jpgIMG_20191031_205743619.jpg
Thank you as always for looking in.
Pete.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
My god Pete what have you done!

Lovely job, for some reason i have missed a large part of this great build:thumb2: really like everything to do with this Pete.

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

My god Pete what have you done!

Lovely job, for some reason i have missed a large part of this great build:thumb2: really like everything to do with this Pete.
Sorry to frighten you like that Bob with that camo pattern and colour, pleased you like it.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Looks like a fine bit of painting to me Pete.
Hi Peter very nice of you to say so, I was looking at the camo all the steel helmet of the your latest, how do you make search clean edges soon as I turn the brush to make a radius it goes wrong but yours are superb and blend together perfectly.
Pete.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Hi Pete,
Nothing wrong with the paintwork, once you have given it a wash and some weathering it will tone it down a treat. As for the curves in the painting I try to remember that this paint was probably applied by squaddies that knew more about drinking than painting :tongue-out3:, and that is also from my own experience hic!... Stop putting yourself down - fantastic job.
Mike.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Bloody Nora! You have been busy Pete. Are you sure its all your own work or have the Minions been helping during the night? Great work on the camouflage pattern. Its gonna be a stunner

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Pete,
Nothing wrong with the paintwork, once you have given it a wash and some weathering it will tone it down a treat. As for the curves in the painting I try to remember that this paint was probably applied by squaddies that knew more about drinking than painting :tongue-out3:, and that is also from my own experience hic!... Stop putting yourself down - fantastic job.
Mike.
Cheers Mike glad you like it and as you say once it's weathered it will tone eveything down.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Bloody Nora! You have been busy Pete. Are you sure its all your own work or have the Minions been helping during the night? Great work on the camouflage pattern. Its gonna be a stunner
Hi Steve you've rumbled me yes the minions have done all the work can't you tell it's better than I can do .
Pete.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Pete

Looking very good. Well done.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

A very fine job Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Got the rubber band tracks all painted and ready to go on.

Before and after shots
View attachment 362277View attachment 362278
View attachment 362279
Finished.View attachment 362280View attachment 362281View attachment 362282
Thanks for stopping by.
Pete & his minions.

Hi Pete

REALLY daft question as I've not tried painting rubber band tracks since coming back to the hobby...... what stops the paint coming off when you you bend them around the idler and drive sprocket?

Thanks

Andrew