SU 76 SOMEWHERE ON THE EASTERN FRONT, THE SNOW COMETH.

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
A good looking diorama. As others have asked - a few more photos please

Peter

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nicely done John, gives one a shiver..BRRR!:fearful:

Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice comments Richard, thank you .As for what's next I mentioned it at the bottom of the post. When I came on this morning that post had reduced itself, there was a message at the bottom of Steve's post click here to see more . Do you see that ?. Also some times I can post a thumbs up for a like, and a string of emojih appear, but not on everyone's postings . Could be the weather :smiling3: .
John

You're right about the post being reduced...need to click to expand and saw your last entry...:tears-of-joy: So...a sinking tank next John?...hmmm interesting. Are we allowed pre-booking of seats?

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Outstanding Dzohn. PaulE
Thanks Paul , very kind of you say .
Please can we have a few more photos! Great diorama John. I want to see more!
Andy
Will do some to day Andy, thank you for saying .

Excellent build John :smiling3:.
Thanks Ralph.
A good looking diorama. As others have asked - a few more photos please

Peter
Coming up Peter, thank you for your comments
Very nicely done John, gives one a shiver..BRRR!:fearful:

Jim
Hi Jim , glad you like it, must remind you of home, the snow that is .:smiling3:
You're right about the post being reduced...need to click to expand and saw your last entry...:tears-of-joy: So...a sinking tank next John?...hmmm interesting. Are we allowed pre-booking of seats?

Cheers,
Richard
Glad you found it, is this a new thing on the forum along with these other expressions ?
Of course there is a seat already in your name, see Steve Jones he's in charge of seating,and running refreshments.

Thanks .

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather overwhelmed with everyones very kind comments. I've found dioramas so interesting showing the story, to be trueful much easier than building the models which at times have taxed me to the limit with haveing the sight thing .
Having a spent some years in the building trade has helped, and of course being able to draw. Having a good imagination really helps !

I have learnt so much on this and the one I call the "other house "

The thing I find about being with a group of like-minded people is it pushes you on, to try things that maybe you wouldn't do
When other people see your work at home they might say that's nice exc , but they don't know the effort or skill that only a fellow modeller can reconise and see .

I've made some real friends on this and the old forum and would just like to say a big thank you

John .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
John, believe me, watching this diorama and other works of yours in the past come together has been a real pleasure.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member 4539

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------–--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rather overwhelmed with everyones very kind comments. I've found dioramas so interesting showing the story, to be trueful much easier than building the models which at times have taxed me to the limit with haveing the sight thing .
Having a spent some years in the building trade has helped, and of course being able to draw. Having a good imagination really helps !

I have learnt so much on this and the one I call the "other house "

The thing I find about being with a group of like-minded people is it pushes you on, to try things that maybe you wouldn't do
When other people see your work at home they might say that's nice exc , but they don't know the effort or skill that only a fellow modeller can reconise and see .

I've made some real friends on this and the old forum and would just like to say a big thank you

John .
Statements like this always make me be proud to be a modeller.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Shit!...now where did I put my hanky...darling where are the tissues!!!...Quick this is a gusher...:loudly-crying:

Ok...I'm composed now. Not many make dios as passionate as you do despite the sight problems...what I've learned from your builds have helped me construct buildings in a proper way and logically. The banter and dry humour ups the interest.

So John, thanks.

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hope you enjoy.
Thanks for those comments
John

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,

Absolutely amazing work there.
Good set of second pictures, shows the detail better.
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Paul.
:smiling2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely pictures John...my favorites are the windows and frames.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brought back memories of horizontal snow in Buffalo. Great work. Mud, water, bricks, pyrotechnics, lighting, and now snow, you sure don't shy away from the hard ones. PaulE

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bravo John A very nice diorama, and great snow.

John

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John, missed the latest updates so glad you made this tread and what a superb result.:cool:

The snow has added another great looking layer on the dio, a good old cold blizzard.

Love the detail photo’s especially the ones with the glass and bricks covered with a layer of snow, top work sir another stunner!!!:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I hope that you can bring that snowstorm my way when I finish my build as well. Well done my friend well done