Submarines- any advice?

P

Paul_H

The micro switches in the wet compartment do not require sealing, I ran this system in a boat and when it works, its a good system, those 540's are a bit juicy though!

I used the wiring Diagram in the Norbet Bruggen book, I will try to dig it out & copy it.

Last edited:
A

ajg141

Paul

Thanks for the info. Nice to hear that the switches do work in the wet. Have to confess I'm a bit surprised but I live & learn. I like your website too - very interesting.

Andrew

M

Mankster

RameshIf you have a copy I'd be grateful to see one. Resolution is still lying up on a shelf looking sorry for herself whilst the Typhoon nears completion. I did discover 2 faulty micro switches on the Resolution dive tanks and will need to replace these. I have evolved my own circuitry but it would be nice to see what it should really look like! One thing that does bemuse me is that there are 2 micro switches on the outside of the ballast tanks that sit in the water permanently and these are not 'sealed' unlike the battery on the Sheerline system. I presume that these should be sealed in some way - do you happen to know? Any help would be gratefuly appreciated.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, I built a Resolution myself a few years ago. I have now retired her and she sits on display. My Typhoon is awiting some same spares from Engel. I am thinking about getting a Sheerline Trafalgar (modeled as Trenchant) as smaller 'Big' sub as I see myself not using the Typhoon too much due to its size and weight. You shouldn't have problem with running the micro switches in water though I guess dirt in the water can insulate the internal contacts over time.

View attachment 13330

View attachment 13331

View attachment 13332

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img605_08122005225045_1.jpg

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img605_08122005225045_2.jpg

getuserimage.asp?t=n&id=img605_08122005225045_3.jpg

Last edited:
A

ajg141

Ramesh

Thanks for the diags. I'll now go & compare them with my efforts. You'd certainly be happy with the Sheerline Trafalgar/ Trenchant - I've got one myself and very good it is too. Much easier to transport & launch than the Typhoon is going to be.

Andrew