SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Alan what all the guys said an welcome

you are just in the nxt county from me as im from norfolk

chris

W

windymiller

ah well technically i am in suffolk but only 4 miles from diss which is of course norfolk lol

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
strangely i have fond memories of the smell lol
That’s what smells do more than sights, sounds, etc., yes. Spend enough time building models and you don’t smell glue and paint unless you put your nose right above them and inhale deeply, though :smiling3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome! Consider a razor saw. Spent 50+ years modeling w/o one & once acquired I wondered why. A great tool. PaulE

W

windymiller

reckon on the bf109 for starters but skip the additional eduard detailing to start with, when it comes to paint and brushes etc are the ammo mig sets good value or is it best to buy separate ??

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Alan,
If you don't have any paints, then, yes, the Mig sets are good, just make sure you get the right one! There are early and late Luftwaffe colours..............
Add to these some base colours - black, white, silver, brown, a primer and varnish, and you should be able to cover most bases. Some modellers don't use primer, but I always like to have a smooth uniform surface to put the camo on.
Dave

W

windymiller

ta dave its a while off but do like ma shopping lists, i have an ebay problem !!!:flushed:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Alan
Don’t write off the eduard detail sets too easily, I personally think the pre-coloured instrument panels and seat belts really lift an aircraft build....only go with the basic set though....the rest is not that useful.

W

windymiller

ah ok was just thinking not to get myself too technical at first if that makes sense :flushed:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The pre-coloured stuff is like hard decals really....just get the simplest set, the most useful part is the instrument panel, they are really sharp and lift the cockpit finish considerably.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
TBH, I’d say: build your first model(s) without these kinds of embellishments. Walk before you run, etc.

W

windymiller

cheers tim, so the pack is that labelled as the eduard weekend pack for the 109 ?? sorry for the stupid questions !!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the forum Alan...from the sound of it you are off to a good start. Picking a scale to model in is very important. Your first consideration should be, how much space do you have to dedicate to your completed models. Then there is the consideration of cost. Just a couple of things to think about before you jump in.
Cheers, Rick H.:thinking:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi mate
I was referring to the eduard set EDFE 205. It’s one of the zoom ranges. The parts are pre-coloured and self adhesive, though I’ve needed to glue them in the past. The weekend sets are the whole aircraft....
Jakko may have a point though....and Rick’s advice about scale and space is also sound.....

W

windymiller

space not a prob as im just in the process of building my man cave lol do appreciate your help !!! sadly in society these days it is seemingly sparce :flushed: