Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B Trumpeter Scale 1:32

First Name
Andrzej
Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker B Trumpeter Scale 1:32 and what triggered this post and my presence here in forums.

I work with my friends on models for X-Plane flight simulator. Facebook link is here CRJ-700 Facebook Group, and our website is here Delta Wing Simulations
Please do not take is as any form of advertisement, it is just for these who would like to look, no harm done. ;)

I will be working on the SU-27 UK for the mentioned above simulator and in order to make a realistic 3D model, I needed some materials more than just pictures as pictures do not show the details and the way aircraft is built.
There are shapes and places that even the best pictures cannot give one the idea how are they constructed/built.

That was the major contributing factor to buy Su-27 Flanker B Trumpeter Scale 1:32 kit.
I was going to just glue the major components to see how the design look.
After joining this forum, I found out that there is many great, friendly people here willing to help, answering questions etc.
That had changed my original plan and instead of just putting it fast and roughly together, I will try to make a nice scale build out of it. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1158.JPG
    IMG_1158.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrzej
This will make a great model. Don't know anything about the kit but the Flanker was a big aircraft and so at 1/32 it will be a big model.
Jim

First Name
Andrzej
Hi Andrzej
This will make a great model. Don't know anything about the kit but the Flanker was a big aircraft and so at 1/32 it will be a big model.
Jim
Hi Jim, yes, I like that scale, I know it is personal preference, but I want to see as many details as possible so the bigger is better in my case.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Look forward to seeing this one built, I'm just finishing a couple of 1/48 aircraft then have three 1/32 ones to build. The larger size does come with its own problems especially fitting it onto your work area when the build advances. I like the detail but the bigger kits also call for more effort in detailing such as brake lines on undercarriage if not moulded on. Good luck.

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Be interesting to see your build, I bought the same model a while ago but decided it was too large so I sold it on.

Andy.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Will follow this build. One of my fave aircraft and one day i shall get the 1/32 kit.

First Name
Andrzej
Look forward to seeing this one built, I'm just finishing a couple of 1/48 aircraft then have three 1/32 ones to build. The larger size does come with its own problems especially fitting it onto your work area when the build advances. I like the detail but the bigger kits also call for more effort in detailing such as brake lines on undercarriage if not moulded on. Good luck.
Mick, I am totally a newbie in building scale models, but I am ready to give it a try.
See my edited, initial post.
Thank you, I just want to have fun and talk with friendly people here. :smiling5:

First Name
Andrzej
I have the HobbyBoss 1/48 version & that is big enough! Hope you have plenty space, not only to display it, but work on it!
Have fun..........
Dave
Dave, yes, I wanted it to be big, see my original edited post.

Yes, I have a portable working station which is just our dining table.:tears-of-joy:
It serves the purpose as I have all things organized and after I am done all goes back to big box and closet where I keep my tools.

I am having fun already; despite the mistakes I mad (I will post in a few minutes)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The best way to learn is from your own mistakes, I think :smiling3: But what you have there looks salvageable — on the real plane, much of the instrument panel would be painted black or grey or something, I expect? The glue doesn’t seem to have affected the faces of any dials, the screen etc. so just paint the areas that should not remain clear and you’re probably good.

First Name
Jean-Marc
Whooooo, houuu..Interesting . Like JAKKO said the best way it,s to learn from your adventure..Seen your pic, here what I would do , painted the panel , they sale dial decals or you can print on paper dial and glued them with white glue depending what sort of result will satisfy you ! ..Of course I,ll be following your WIP ,so keep it up cause we all when true these situation !.. Go,go,goooooooooooo

First Name
Andrzej
The best way to learn is from your own mistakes, I think :smiling3: But what you have there looks salvageable — on the real plane, much of the instrument panel would be painted black or grey or something, I expect? The glue doesn’t seem to have affected the faces of any dials, the screen etc. so just paint the areas that should not remain clear and you’re probably good.
Thanks, since I ordered the canopy replacement, I will use the old one for tests.
Where can I find some video or directions on painting cockpit? The manual does not say anything about it.

First Name
Andrzej
Whooooo, houuu..Interesting . Like JAKKO said the best way it,s to learn from your adventure..Seen your pic, here what I would do , painted the panel , they sale dial decals or you can print on paper dial and glued them with white glue depending what sort of result will satisfy you ! ..Of course I,ll be following your WIP ,so keep it up cause we all when true these situation !.. Go,go,goooooooooooo
Thanks, the real problem is I have no idea what steps to follow to paint the cockpit. :tears-of-joy:

QUESTION FOR ALL: what glue do I use for attaching transparent parts to plastic or metal?

First Name
Jean-Marc
Thanks, the real problem is I have no idea what steps to follow to paint the cockpit. :tears-of-joy:

QUESTION FOR ALL: what glue do I use for attaching transparent parts to plastic or metal?
..In my case here is my sequence of work , I paint the parts ,I details the parts and I assemble them after , here an exemple ..

Step 1.. PAINT /WASH/DRY-BRUSH ..
Photo 2770.jpg

STEP 2.. I details the part by adding what missing , all the parts that are added are painted before and than I glued them into place ,than I apply decals !

DSCF6062.JPG

STEP 3 ..I glued the parts together with CA glue all the time , you do not need to put a lot just anought to hold the parts together, be carefull cause CA can fog clear parts no recomanded if you close your canopy unless you use it on the outside of seem .. CA come in several thickness so you have to choose what you feel that it's the right tickness for ther work you wish to do !

DSCF6063.JPG

Enjoy and looking forward for your next move !

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I usually use PVA to attach canopies then there's no issue with fogging. I also use the PVA in the dials on the instruments to represent the lenses in. I've also used crystal clear to attach canopies which also works.