Summer GB - 1/72 T-70M

G

Greg147

Hi all,

Here will be my entry to this Summer's group build. The image I have chosen from a book named 'Tanks - Compared and Contrasted' by Martin Dougherty. It shows a Soviet infantry group advancing past a knocked out T-70M. To recreate this, I'll be using UM's T-70M (the only one out there, as far as I know), and Revell's Soviet Infantry pack.

More come once the build begins. Wish me luck :D

View attachment 35669

View attachment 35670

View attachment 35671

View attachment 35672

DSCF0998.jpg

DSCF1002.jpg

DSCF1004.jpg

DSCF1005.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Oh Fire and Ice, Good subject.

Ian M

G

Greg147

Bit of an update, I've made a start on the T-70M. The lack of detail on the picture makes recreating the damage a little on the difficult side, so I think it will be mostly down to the wheel positionining and painting to give that 'knocked-out' look. I've also done a small amount of scratch building on the second side compartment, which is open in the picture.

Painting will come next, and then I'll make a start on the base.

View attachment 35973

View attachment 35974

DSCF1017.jpg

DSCF1020.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great picture Greg.

The build is taking shape nicely, good stuff..

Good luck with the project.

Cheers,

Ron

G

Greg147

Done some work on this over the weekend, and here's where I've got to. The T-70 is pretty much finished, and the base is just requiring the barbed wire fence that can be seen in the photo. The next task will be starting on the ten figures that will occupy the space behind the tank.

No real problems so far. The tracks were a little hard to work with, especially making them look like they've run loose on the right hand side. Other than that, it's been a fun build. If there's on thing I expect I will have trouble with, it will be making the scene look a cold as it would have been when the picture was taken. :smiling3:

View attachment 36531

View attachment 36532

View attachment 36533

View attachment 36534

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1041.jpg

DSCF1042.jpg

DSCF1045.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
. If there's on thing I expect I will have trouble with, it will be making the scene look a cold as it would have been when the picture was taken. :smiling3:
Don't know about the rest of you guys, but I don't think Greg will have too many problems making that scene look cold - I'm shivering already!

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Greg

The model looks as though it's in a properly bitter setting to me. Nice touch with the open stowage bin. Painting 1/72 figures will be a challenge I think! It's all leading up to a great looking diorama

Cheers

Paul

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
This is looking very good so far Greg. Well chilly!

Ian M