Suzuki GSX1100S Katana, Tamiya, 1/12

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
this kit is getting on a bit, was new tool in 1983 and its starting to show a little.........theres some parting lines and even a little flash but i know it will build ok

i think this is the third time ive had a go at this........i know ive got an old one in bits waiting to transplant the 4 pot engine into a Revell chopper frame...once i work out the little problem of changing a left hand belt drive into a chain drive

this one im planning on doing almost standard......almost cos i never liked the idea of the 2 tone seat, or that the tail end of the body work is a different colour to the rest of it!.......and probably a black engine

dscf1511.jpg
dscf1512.jpg
dscf1513.jpg
dscf1514.jpg

so should end up a bit like this,,,,,,

dkat_810.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ll keep an eye on this as well…..I’ve got a stalled build of this somewhere…..

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My first thought was organ donor. Much respect to any rider who exercises this monster.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
I've been fiddling with this kit on and off for a few years too. You might inspire me to get on with it!

Looking forward to seeing it come together....

I've owned a full-size version of it's 650 little brother for over 25 years - that's in pieces too :rolling:
Nick

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
This was my favourite bike back in the day :cool:,
I just absolutely LOVED the look of it!...... I never owned one mind,the closest i got was a Suzy GS750 ES...... still a very nice bike though!
I`ll be watching this build closely..... Don`t envy you the job of getting all that Silver paint to the "Super shine" level :dizzy: !
Andy

First Name
ira
this kit is getting on a bit, was new tool in 1983 and its starting to show a little.........theres some parting lines and even a little flash but i know it will build ok

i think this is the third time ive had a go at this........i know ive got an old one in bits waiting to transplant the 4 pot engine into a Revell chopper frame...once i work out the little problem of changing a left hand belt drive into a chain drive

this one im planning on doing almost standard......almost cos i never liked the idea of the 2 tone seat, or that the tail end of the body work is a different colour to the rest of it!.......and probably a black engine

View attachment 425995
View attachment 425996
View attachment 425997
View attachment 425998

so should end up a bit like this,,,,,,

View attachment 425999
I still have the one I built a million years ago..It survived the purge.