T-18 / MS1 another 1/35 Russian Tank

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
IMG_20190904_134657106.jpg
Right might as well start on this, if it's anything like the BA armoured car they attempted to produce then it will end up a wreak.
Not the cream of the crop when it came to producing kits that fit PARC models hail from Romania.
Tickets available from normal sources.
( Mrs Jones Tickets ).
Sprue shots, can see any large flash, but that wasn't the problem lastime, the problem was parts didn't fit !

15676040809265245194893492825716.jpg

15676041062183376036931831018042.jpg

15676041236002508542950247001508.jpg

15676041383461421817308112915270.jpg
Should be fun Not .

15676041625366369746327008667247.jpg
And a bit of history ..

15676041855225323557529174720.jpg

Decals
15676042124563333165608771925799.jpg
Last time they fell apart as they were soaking, so don't hold much hope.
Will use this to test out the MR Hobby black glue, and any other methods I fancy trying .
John .
Yes coffee , or tea and biscuits , vodka and cabbage soup .!
John .

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Comrade Ivan,
I fear your masochism is proceeding rapidly............................
Have the installers been to measure up for the padding in your workroom? :smiling3:
The more obscure the model. the more pleasure?
Cheers Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
By 'eck John you're a glutton for punishment. Mrs Jones Tickets have sorted me out - front row with popcorn included. Odd thing though my credit card was charged in roubles!!
Jim
Hope you're feeling better now.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh boy, this one will test your mettle alright, I built one, I think it was a "Sfezda" or some similar apparition.
Everything fit horribly at best and then I bashed it and added a rocket platform, will post you a pic or two via PM.

Jim.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Comrade Ivan,
I fear your masochism is proceeding rapidly............................
Have the installers been to measure up for the padding in your workroom? :smiling3:
The more obscure the model. the more pleasure?
Cheers Dave
Well to be truthful Dave I hadn't a clue who they were when I bought 2 of their kits from a European model shop. I like something different, and this certainly is. Both pleasure and frustration in equal amounts . Going to be a lot of walking up and down muttering I can tell you now.:tongue-out2::upside:, might yet need a padded cell.

By 'eck John you're a glutton for punishment. Mrs Jones Tickets have sorted me out - front row with popcorn included. Odd thing though my credit card was charged in roubles!!
Jim
Hope you're feeling better now.
Yes feeling good, though by the time I get this done It may have changed. Yes at the moment as the £ is rather low, Mrs Jones always one to be ahead of the financial markets decided the Rouble was a better bet.

Oh boy, this one will test your mettle alright, I built one, I think it was a "Sfezda" or some similar apparition.
Everything fit horribly at best and then I bashed it and added a rocket platform, will post you a pic or two via PM.

Jim.
Jim, your not wrong, more on that later.
Will look fwd to the pics thanks.

Interesting little thing, it almost looks like a toon.
Andy , ssh I think that's where they got the idea from.:smiling3:

John, look into my eyes, my eyes, eyes

The Stug is calling ! Do you go through many guys in white coats lol
StuG master, I try, I really try but the lure of 4 BO is too strong.
No need for many men in white coats now, Matron has a very long sharp needle, you are soon asleep .:flushed::hungry:

Good luck sir, you are a glutton for punishment will watch from the sidelines with interest.
Pete.
Yes indeed, but kind of fun, :smiling2: if it is crap, then easier to wreak !

No photos as of yet but the new glue from MR Hobby is really helpful to me. Seeing the glue wick so easily means I don't have to apply more and mess the surface up.
When I started the build the first thing I noticed was no numbers on any of the sprues !
Thinking they hadn't bothered to do it I just carried on, then turning over that photo I find a sprue chart with numbers against each part. Much easier !

The base part went together we'll, the top section not bad , but the front is rather odd , you have several sections to fit into each other, so starting at the front bottom may be the easiest way. Photo tomorrow.
At the rear is a platform to carry kit, it has two framed angled sections, not quite sure if I have the two supports on the tank body the right way round. The drawing shows little detail so will just have to be ready to pull apart after gluing.
The tracks look to be a challenge, but It's not worth getting stressed over, they either go well or not ! .
I'll put up some photos tomorrow.
New main pc arriving tomorrow, nice to shop locally where we've been before, as they don't attempt to sell but suggest the right system for your needs. I wanted a top end graphics card, but they said, no you don't want to waste your money on that, not required. They have just transferred the old w7 onto w10 and will come and set it all up in the morning. Told us not to worry about w10 ! We will see .:smiling2::smiling2:

John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Who needs sprues and numbers just build the damn thing and don't sweat the small stuff. By the way, I ran into Matron and she is furious that you are indulging in Vodka and Cabbage! Clearly off your diet mate. Cheers Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening Comrade,

Looks like an interesting vehicle, you can see the ruskis pinched the idea, very reminiscent of the Ft-17.

A reasonable part count for this but Don’t envy you doing the tracks :flushed::upside:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Who needs sprues and numbers just build the damn thing and don't sweat the small stuff. By the way, I ran into Matron and she is furious that you are indulging in Vodka and Cabbage! Clearly off your diet mate. Cheers Rick H.
I just don't care about Matron any more, :tongue-out3::tongue-out3::flushed: Volka gives you the strength to fight back .
" Hello Matron you look very nice to night, what is that long thing!!! Ooh that hurt zZzzzzzzz zZzzzzzzz "

Evening Comrade,

Looks like an interesting vehicle, you can see the ruskis pinched the idea, very reminiscent of the Ft-17.

A reasonable part count for this but Don’t envy you doing the tracks :flushed::upside:
Greeting Comrade Benson
Well it's not MinArt quality in the fit dept. So fed up with redrilling holes, I just cut the pins off and ca.!
No the tracks don't look good, the moulding is pretty poor , no real definition.
Will they , the front section had no real location parts so all very hit and miss, nothing a heap of mud won't hide:smiling5:

Some photos .
IMG_20190905_184911857.jpg
Now it might look a bit messy, but those too section to the vertical had nothing to hold to while gluing, so had to stick my finger in the too and support the part from the inside
I love this black glue, can really see where I put too much
.IMG_20190905_184919142.jpgIMG_20190905_184919142.jpg

IMG_20190905_184928580.jpg
These two were some of the parts that I cut off the pins, they slip over the plate quite easily, then just centre .
IMG_20190905_184933639.jpg

IMG_20190905_184937419.jpg

Have to study the drawing carefully as there is no detail shown.Then it trail and error.
New PC is up and running
The guy who came to do the install is a Star trek fan and has built several of the space craft, uses a 3 D printer and of course has lights all over the place.I likes the pulsating red engine lights. He had a stick device and put some images of his builds on the PC so I could see them.Really enjoyable morning.

John .

D

Deleted member 7237

"I love this black glue, can really see where I put too much."
Hi John, yes you certainly can thank you for the glueing deminstration.
On a serious note how well does it glue compared with TET .
Pete.:smiling5::tears-of-joy::smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
"I love this black glue, can really see where I put too much."
Hi John, yes you certainly can thank you for the glueing deminstration.
On a serious note how well does it glue compared with TET .
Pete.:smiling5::tears-of-joy::smiling5:
At first Pete I thought it slow compared to TET, but that was doing some small parts on some figures. When I built up the hull sides I did the gluing from the inside, let the glue wick from one end and then held the two parts together, result, small black line on the outer edge and a decent join.
Does have slight smell, different from TET but if you want to buy some and have a try and don't like it, I'll buy the bottle from you. It's not that bad and didn't cause me to have any asthma symptoms.
I had to remove two parts due to putting them the wrong way round, I realised this with in 5 mins of gluing the parts did come off, but the pin ends on them were knackered. Looked more like a tear on the surface where the glue had joined the two surfaces. Seems ok and will continue to use both types.

D

Deleted member 7237

At first Pete I thought it slow compared to TET, but that was doing some small parts on some figures. When I built up the hull sides I did the gluing from the inside, let the glue wick from one end and then held the two parts together, result, small black line on the outer edge and a decent join.
Does have slight smell, different from TET but if you want to buy some and have a try and don't like it, I'll buy the bottle from you. It's not that bad and didn't cause me to have any asthma symptoms.
I had to remove two parts due to putting them the wrong way round, I realised this with in 5 mins of gluing the parts did come off, but the pin ends on them were knackered. Looked more like a tear on the surface where the glue had joined the two surfaces. Seems ok and will continue to use both types.
Hi John cheers for the feedback will have to wait a while until I can see what I can do.
Pete.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Jr, see what happens when you disregard Matron's warnings? I should think you would have learned by now that no matter what you try with her she will whack you quicker than Jack Robinson! This vehicle you are building seems to be oooozing some sort of black goo all over the place. Rather messy, don't you think? I heard a reference to some sort of new glue you are trying, it is obviously slow drying as Matron hasn't appeared to pry your digits apart LOL! Glad you are making progress mate. You did the right thing by cutting of the locating pins. In our digital age where computers never make an error, it's the idiots feeding them the information that are EFFED UP, one can pretty much expect this as time goes by. Model on mate! Rick H.:smiling2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Not seen the T18 before

Looks like it was badly designed from someones memory of once seeing an FT-17 :smiling5:

What is the black gunge you have liberally spread all over it - Marmite?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jr, see what happens when you disregard Matron's warnings? I should think you would have learned by now that no matter what you try with her she will whack you quicker than Jack Robinson! This vehicle you are building seems to be oooozing some sort of black goo all over the place. Rather messy, don't you think? I heard a reference to some sort of new glue you are trying, it is obviously slow drying as Matron hasn't appeared to pry your digits apart LOL! Glad you are making progress mate. You did the right thing by cutting of the locating pins. In our digital age where computers never make an error, it's the idiots feeding them the information that are EFFED UP, one can pretty much expect this as time goes by. Model on mate! Rick H.:smiling2:
Hi Rick, yes should have listened to you about Matron. She moved in to the street 3 houses away, says it saves her as lot in petrol !

Not seen the T18 before

Looks like it was badly designed from someones memory of once seeing an FT-17 :smiling5:

What is the black gunge you have liberally spread all over it - Marmite?

Damn you guessed ! At the beginning I made mention to a captured French tank from WW1 .
The black grunge is Mr Hobby glue for the mentally impared.:smiling:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

You're a madman! I realise that some people enjoy a struggle, but this takes he biscuit.

Seriously John, good for you at having another go at one of these kits. Great work so far.