T-55A miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm in Mark of course as it Russian, I use what I can on PE and keep the rest in the spare pe box, comes in handy for other builds, like brkts.
Plenty of detail on MiniArt, some people don't like their plastic, does seem soft, but they do build well.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
View attachment 420587
I'm in Mark of course as it Russian, I use what I can on PE and keep the rest in the spare pe box, comes in handy for other builds, like brkts.
Plenty of detail on MiniArt, some people don't like their plastic, does seem soft, but they do build well.
Its going together ok lots of detail but I did wonder if my glue was gonna melt holes in the hull floor at one point, it's really think, icm use the same soft plastic also,just got to be careful with your blade.

Reactions: JR

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Might have to invest in some of those,I have a big led magnifier on a bendy stand but it's only X2 .
Get an optivisor, use the magnifier for seeing where the etch is glue to which finger... Seriously, the optivisor will save you a lot of hard work. For the etch use two sets of tweezers for bending the small parts, and to attach them a bit of plasticine on the end of a toothpick will help with the locating.
Mike.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Get an optivisor, use the magnifier for seeing where the etch is glue to which finger... Seriously, the optivisor will save you a lot of hard work. For the etch use two sets of tweezers for bending the small parts, and to attach them a bit of plasticine on the end of a toothpick will help with the locating.
Mike.
LOL yeah that sounds about right. Got a pick and place tool some where ,might have covered that in glue last time though! I use two razor blades for folding the small bits,hold one flat with etch underneath at the fold line, slide the other under the other part of the etch and fold up,works quite well.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Mark .

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Wasn't happy with the fuel lines,they looked messy with sprue pips i couldn't clean up without breaking them,found a couple of bits of wire and much better! :smiling: :smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Much better Mark .

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice improvement over the stock pipes Mark. Good work on the etch as well.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mark .You've certainly made the bends look professional. The shape of the curve looks like it was done with pipebenders . Not that you can get then in scale sizes , more's the pity :smiling2:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark .You've certainly made the bends look professional. The shape of the curve looks like it was done with pipebenders . Not that you can get then in scale sizes , more's the pity :smiling2:
:thumb2:The outside edge of my tweezers are rounded ,higher up the tweezer bigger bend, smaller at the tip