T34/85 Tank in a village 1/35 Scale

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Some months ago my friend Steve Jones very kindly sent me this model, I asked him what sort of diorama he envisaged. The answer came " In a village setting some where in central Europe during WW2 as the push to Berlin was under way ".

2021_2C.jpg2021_3C.jpg

With this in mind I gathered together some figures including sending off for some tank riders. The diorama will show the t34 stopped and the commander asking some improvised villagers had they seen any Germans and of course which way had they gone. I don't want to show the normal destruction and death of the civilian population that happened so often, hence the setting.
Hope you will tag along and I can match the high standard of Steve's work.

On its way from Germany.

1636628512038.png

From stock several of these figures

2021_4CC.jpg2021_5C.jpg
From this set I will chose one.

Hope to set you all along the way.

Dzhon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
With the quality of your recent dio bases I'm sure you'll do Steve's great model proud. I'll bet the story you're telling happened time and time again as the Soviets pushed towards Berlin.
I hope there is not a size problem using figures from different manufacturers.
Jim

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
OOOOOOO I'm in,

(Not that I can go anywhere else, had a positive Lateral flow test for the 'Rona', So I'm currently off work awaiting the results of a PCR test I had this morning... hoping it's really a bad cold as my kitchen is due to be ripped out and rebuilt starting Monday)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seat front and centre for this one mate. Very humbled to have you put one of my builds in your dioramas. I wish you all the best. Looking forward to it immensely
Thanks Steve, very kind of you to say that, just hope you will be pleased at the end.

Mind if I join you on the front row Steve. This'll be a treat.

Cheers,
Richard
Yes Richard, please stop him from having any medical problems if I make a hash of things.:smiling3:

Excellent looking T34. It deserves a good setting, and I know you’ll make exactly what it deserves John.
Hope so Tim , thank you.

I'm in!
I hope the sculpting is better than the artwork on that hobby boss set.....
Neil the heads were rubbish so replace with Hornet, gone for "Battle worn European heads " Hope this look ok.

Hi John
With the quality of your recent dio bases I'm sure you'll do Steve's great model proud. I'll bet the story you're telling happened time and time again as the Soviets pushed towards Berlin.
I hope there is not a size problem using figures from different manufacturers.
Jim
Hoping the sam Jim, think the two tankers may be slightly tall , just hope the riders from the other sert match. Really like the MB , lets hope the Dragon are better than the HobbyBoss.

I will follow with interest, John.
Anything on fire in your plans? ;)
Hi Andrea , not at this stage, but you never know.:smiling3:

I'll take a seat near the door as always.........just in case Matron decides to show up.
Cheers, Rick H.
Rick , I'm on the look out as well esp as Chris has been struck down.Matron will be sure to call in to see him.Could you make sure he sits at the back well away from the others.

Joining the crowd!!!
Welcome Andrew.

Hi Chris, you survived the double jab then.:thumb2:
OOOOOOO I'm in,

(Not that I can go anywhere else, had a positive Lateral flow test for the 'Rona', So I'm currently off work awaiting the results of a PCR test I had this morning... hoping it's really a bad cold as my kitchen is due to be ripped out and rebuilt starting Monday)
Hope you are ok Chris, I'm sure Matron will be along once she hears.

Nice crowd in so with out more ado .

Figures. As Neal has mentioned the Hobby Boss set, lets put it this way. Ask me if I like their tracks !
The first thing I had to do was drill out the lower legs and boots, the join was abysmal so out came the drill and wire. Will need to fill around to make good.
The heads were near to useless, very poor, and will be heading for the bin.
Luckily I have a selection of good old Hornet, just hope they look ok.

Comments welcome..

2021_6CR.jpg2021_7CR.jpg2021_8CR.jpg

Dzhon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi JR.....wow things are moving right along. I just don't know how a Barber could make a living in "Rooskie" Land, All them "dudes" are a bunch of "Eggheads"!! :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::smiling2:;)
Rick H.