T34/85 Tank in a village 1/35 Scale

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
These look really good to me John. I can certainly see you are making progress. The eyes are fine, by the way. They are not the easiest of things to paint at the best of times. I just paint the white in, usually with ivory paint because I find it flows and covers better than pure white. I then paint a T shape over the eyeball to represent the pupil and top shadow, and then cut it all back to size with flesh colour.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I think I say it every time, but your figures are progressively getting better and better!
you should be pleased with your self mate:thumb2:
Very kind of you to say Si, lost count the amount of times I have had to re do an eye :smiling3:,still not put off now from doing the faces . At least I seem to making progress .

Hell JR............I thought he was a wounded Vet from the Revolution what lost his arm in the scrape! If you can't find it you are welcome to use my back story, if you wish :tongue-out3: ;) Rick H.
Might well have to do that Rick, not searched the bench yet, it makes Paul's look tidy ! I'm now working in one corner , can't help being unt
I'm wondering if the squaddy in the middle of the civvies is performing 'I'm a little teapot' :smiling5: ;)
Ha, he might well be doing that Gerry , the Russian version.:smiling3:

As Si says "better and better".
Jim
Thanks Jim, getting there slowly.

These look really good to me John. I can certainly see you are making progress. The eyes are fine, by the way. They are not the easiest of things to paint at the best of times. I just paint the white in, usually with ivory paint because I find it flows and covers better than pure white. I then paint a T shape over the eyeball to represent the pupil and top shadow, and then cut it all back to size with flesh colour.

Thanks Tim, will try the ivory and the T method on those two I need to finish
:thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings form somewhere on the Road to Berlin, Guard's Army Tank has stopped for refreshment's at a small hamlet.

2022_2.jpg2022_2GREYSCALE 1.jpg

2022_5.jpg
2022_5SEPIA2.jpg
2022_4.jpg

2022_3.jpg

2022_3SEPIA 1.jpg
Still some work on the troops to be done, the weapons need to be finished and fitted.

Thanks for looking in.
Dzhon

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You should be over the moon with that. Really well composed and put together. Full of lovely little details.
Your work continues to improve build on build. A real pleasure to follow.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good indeed. Very well done.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice! Quick question though - what has the trooper in green kepi stood in? :surprised: :surprised::surprised:
Sharp eye Gerry ! That my friend is some glue , I drilled a hole into the base, plug glue onto his feet and the wire and stuck him down . Tomorrow when it's dry it should be invisible, I hope !

OMG. You really have pulled out all the stops on this dio mate. Truly outstanding work. Cant wait to see the final reveal. One to be proud of my friend
[/QUOTE)
Glad your pleased mate , your tank remember, it's been a pleasure to do the Dio .

At's a beauty alright, JR! This will be tough to beat. :thumb2:
Cheers Rick , very kind of you to say .

Hi John
You should be over the moon with that. Really well composed and put together. Full of lovely little details.
Your work continues to improve build on build. A real pleasure to follow.
Jim
Thanks Jim, it's been fun to do and to make it for Steve .
Looking very good indeed. Very well done.

Andrew
Thank Andrew .

John, your work just gets betterer and betterer, gobsmackingly good stuff.

Andy.
Kind of you to say, the first joint thing I've done and really enjoyed doing it .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice John always enjoy your Diorama work.
Thanks Lee.

Super job, John. I don't feel qualified to comment on the tank but your figures are getting better and better every time.
Neil thank you, I have at long last started to make inroads on figures, as to the tank remember that it was built by Steve " Rivet " Jones, way beyond my level.:crying:

John,
Stand up and take a bow mate, that is a great scene and superbly executed.
Thank you Paul.:thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely job done John, I like the position of the boy standing alone in the corner with the ax.

The accidental standing in the glue poop made me laugh.

Cheers,
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top work yet again 453.
Really nice model.

Reactions: JR