First Name
Lee
John. Enjoying the build so far great job on gun PE

Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very quick progress mate.Im sure i have some etch sets by Aber for i think the Tamiya SU.122 and seem to remember K.V bits by On the Mark models.If i can find the Soviet stuff you are welcome to them for future builds maybe.
Carry on Carruthers.
Rich.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi my offering will be a joint build and diorama of a .
View attachment 403252

and .
View attachment 403251
Both myself and Simon had an interest in these Russian vehicles, it was him who suggested I try the armound cars. I've built 3 this the last one will be a fitting tribute to a great modeller and friend.

I am armed with some new Pewter sheet, a conversion kit for the T34 with some PE.

The T34 will be perfect for a conversion into a tractor used for towing, not quite an ARV ias it didn't have a winch or spade.
Imagine a snowy landscape, ice, the armoured car has run off road in to the marshy ground, hopefully to be pulled clear by the T34.

Seats now available.

John.
Definitely want to see this duo come together

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very quick progress mate.Im sure i have some etch sets by Aber for i think the Tamiya SU.122 and seem to remember K.V bits by On the Mark models.If i can find the Soviet stuff you are welcome to them for future builds maybe.
Carry on Carruthers.
Rich.
Richard that's very kind of you.:thumb2:

Definitely want to see this duo come together
Hi Joe, your welcome , hope you and the family are all well .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a nice looking PE set. Build is coming along nicely
Thanks Steve, I may yet ask for help, so don't go too far.:smiling:

After sanding the building foam I had some time to attend to the T34. Taking my scalpel and saw I removed the track guard side front and back.
Also took the main cupola and removed the detail gluing the PE ones on. Forgot that the plastic strip doesn't glue with Tamiya thin to resin DUH, only found out when the disc fell off :smiling2: as I turned the top over !
Took the Pewter sheet from the safe and proceed to cut the side track guard, then made another with a lip so It could be attached to the side. Don't think a thin section of each would glue well, anyone know differently please shout out.

2020_6.jpg
Above cupola during scraping.
Sanded
2020_8.jpg

PE on.2020_12.jpg

2020_9.jpg2020_9.jpg
Removed track guards, now safely stored for detail measuring later.

2020_10.jpg

2020_11.jpg
Pewter time ..

2020_15.jpg

That mitered bent section will glue to the body after that corresponding line has been scraped away.

Any pointers on this part are welcome as I'm flying blind at this point. So do shout out please. Steve hope your watching.

Ivan Raceisky.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Coming along nicely Comrade Raceiski, not sure I can help on the metal work, but the steel wheels were generally the middle three with a rubber tyred wheel at each end. I think the vibration from steel wheels all round was so bad it shook the tank to pieces!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Nice surgery there my friend. I really like that saw going have to invest in one of those

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming along nicely Comrade Raceiski, not sure I can help on the metal work, but the steel wheels were generally the middle three with a rubber tyred wheel at each end. I think the vibration from steel wheels all round was so bad it shook the tank to pieces!
Hi Graeme thanks for that on the wheels, I just followed the instructions, but as they are just pushed on ( I think ) I will change them round .
John. Nice surgery there my friend. I really like that saw going have to invest in one of those
Lee a great tool, another thing that Simon recommend that have. Just have to take light cuts and straight other wise the blades snap and bits fly off !
If you buy one get some spare blades with the saw .

In at the deep end now John! Loving it so far.

Simon and others persuaded me to get one. It's come in very handy!
Yes Andy, as I said to lee another tip from Simon.

Up nice and early Andy. Those saws are a joy to use
Arh the joys of retirement, I was up at 0530 ! Tea and toast, followed by getting back in bed ! :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:.

Day off so a bit of a lie in Steve.

4:30 alarm on a work day :sleeping:
Now that is early Andy, I know Steve is as early as well .Respect for anyone starting at that time of day .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Where's the blood, where's the blood!!! I need drama John...the script says by the 7th day blood will be spilt. Ok...ok...if you're qwezee with cutting yourself we can use fake blood so when the cameras roll and call action you just faint an ouch and in the next scene we will splatter fake blood on the work mat. How does that sound?

Etch and cutting are good John...now, kindly know how you are going to attach something before you go ahead and cut it...calling out for Steve ain't going to cut it. :tears-of-joy: No worries I'm sure help will come soon.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
He was PM'd last night Richard and with Matron by his side with plasters, bandages, morphine syrettes and a bottle of Russians finest he is well underway to producing the greatest fenders of the 21st centuary! :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Where's the blood, where's the blood!!! I need drama John...the script says by the 7th day blood will be spilt. Ok...ok...if you're qwezee with cutting yourself we can use fake blood so when the cameras roll and call action you just faint an ouch and in the next scene we will splatter fake blood on the work mat. How does that sound?

Etch and cutting are good John...now, kindly know how you are going to attach something before you go ahead and cut it...calling out for Steve ain't going to cut it. :tears-of-joy: No worries I'm sure help will come soon.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard. Don’t entice him I sense he’s a Bleeder specially at his age.