Lee
You guys have convinced me I’m going to have to get one of those saws

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,
Just having a coffee and catchup and see you’ve been a busy boy!

Your a braver man than me chopping off the track guards. I did the same by chopping off the guards on a T-54 a few years ago but replaced with thin plastic card as I wasn’t brave enough to use pewter.

Coming on nicely though....keep it coming :thumb2:

Comrade Benson-ovich.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking great Comrade John.Im very clumsy with the razor saws.The small one i breat bits constantly and larger ones i usually end up doing surgery on my fingers as per usual.Must get a Tamiya Soviet kit again for a trip down memory lane,
Carry on dear boy.
Rich

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Where's the blood, where's the blood!!! I need drama John...the script says by the 7th day blood will be spilt. Ok...ok...if you're qwezee with cutting yourself we can use fake blood so when the cameras roll and call action you just faint an ouch and in the next scene we will splatter fake blood on the work mat. How does that sound?

Etch and cutting are good John...now, kindly know how you are going to attach something before you go ahead and cut it...calling out for Steve ain't going to cut it. :tears-of-joy: No worries I'm sure help will come soon.

Cheers,
Richard
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Richard there is enough drama here at the bench with out blood letting !
I work on cut it off, about think it, if the new idea works ok,if not stick the old one back on :upside:

He was PM'd last night Richard and with Matron by his side with plasters, bandages, morphine syrettes and a bottle of Russians finest he is well underway to producing the greatest fenders of the 21st centuary! :smiling5: :cool: :thumb2:
True indeed about Matron, what a woman Steve she can inject you with one hand while drinking neat Vodka from the bottle in the other. As the fenders that may be a matter of opinion. :nerd:

Richard. Don’t entice him I sense he’s a Bleeder specially at his age.
Your right Lee , these days my veins on my hands seem to be very close to the surface.
You guys have convinced me I’m going to have to get one of those saws
You really ought to Lee.

Nice work John, I use the old hack saw blade meself.

View attachment 403657Jim
Couldn't find a blade with that many small teeth Jim, If I tried a hacksaw blade there would be half a tank left !
Morning John,
Just having a coffee and catchup and see you’ve been a busy boy!

Your a braver man than me chopping off the track guards. I did the same by chopping off the guards on a T-54 a few years ago but replaced with thin plastic card as I wasn’t brave enough to use pewter.

Coming on nicely though....keep it coming :thumb2:

Comrade Benson-ovich.
Greetings Comrade, pray that I manage then !
Looking great Comrade John.Im very clumsy with the razor saws.The small one i breat bits constantly and larger ones i usually end up doing surgery on my fingers as per usual.Must get a Tamiya Soviet kit again for a trip down memory lane,
Carry on dear boy.
Rich
Greeting my friend, thank you . That would be nice to see, what a splendid idea.

Spent yesterday and most of today scraping, CA ing PE and making pewter straps for the fule drums and tool boxes. Will post some photos tomorrow.
Canon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
PEWTER TIME. :smiling3::nerd:

Scraping, I can see why Simon did it this way , so much easier.
Bust taking that lip of the bottom edge.

2020.jpg
2020_2.jpg2020_2.jpg

Tool box

2020_3.jpg
Decided to use block of Balsa to help keep the shape when bending the top over.

2020_4.jpg
The battered look I can manage well !2020_6.jpg
Boxes now fitted to the guards.

2020_5.jpg
Cut and removed plastic barrel and drilled out to take a replacement brass one. As below.

2020_7_22.jpg

Glued the mesh screen on to the rear, having sanded the plastic detail away.

2020_15.jpg
Rough but most of it will be covered.

Today I carried on with the top , putting those guards on was not fun, 1 even with roughing the back of the pewter it still took several attempts to get the glue to take, it eventually worked.

2020_9_25.jpg
By this time I'd scraped the fuel containers and replaced the plastic moulded straps with PEWTER. :smiling3::nerd:

The driver has been glued in to place inside the hull, the top is not on yet so need to attach his arms. Not a lot to see inside but might make some control leavers if they could be seen.
The other two figures should fit into the top, not tried yet, might require a little adjustment.

Fitted as much of the PE as can , might be a few bit to put on tomorrow, some supports for the cables.

2020_6_23.jpg

Made a top box for all the crap in the back, there's some some rope , chain, pulley block, bucket, tool boxes and of course a large fuel drum.

2020_11.jpg

2020_8_24.jpg
Yes I'm messy with the CA, just me.

2020_2.jpg
Think Simon would approve.

Thanks for looking in, comments good bad indifferent as welcome.
Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2020_12_26.jpg
    2020_12_26.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Peter, not as tidy as some , but enjoying the whole thing.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Pewter origami! Outstanding work on the tool box mate. The fenders have come out really well. Nice to see a mixture of German and Ruskie crapintheback. Very realistic. Simon would be very proud of your work my friend. Keep it comin

P.S Gluing pewter is a real beatch. Feelin your pain

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well done Mr R, it’s looking very nice :thumb2:
It’s Russki, green and certainly looking blinged up....what more could you possibly want :smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Really impressive John.

Nick
Thanks Nick .
Pewter origami! Outstanding work on the tool box mate. The fenders have come out really well. Nice to see a mixture of German and Ruskie crapintheback. Very realistic. Simon would be very proud of your work my friend. Keep it comin

P.S Gluing pewter is a real beatch. Feelin your pain
Steve.
Steve thank you, so you noticed the German kit, was it the petrol cans ? Never found any Russian.Could have done with some bigger chain as well.

John,
Lovely scratchery mate the tin plate looks top notch.
Thanks Paul, not up to your standard unfortunately.

Absolutely AWESOME stuff John.
Simon would indeed be proud.
May I ask where the pulley block comes from?
I am looking for some for a future project
Hi Neil, thank you , yes they are from rbmodel.com

102 XX: Brass pulleys

pulleys with following diameters
4mm, 5mm, 6mm.
The one I used were 4mm, think 6mm would have better.

Wow you have been busy John.The fender box looks suitably battered.Gathering a head of steam now with this one matey.
Great stuff.
Rich
Thanks Rich, bench looked like a scrap yard by the time I had finished !
Hi John
This is a proper tribute to Simon. All the elements and materials are so right. Looking great.
Jim
Thanks Jim, hopefully Simon is smiling.

Well done Mr R, it’s looking very nice :thumb2:
It’s Russki, green and certainly looking blinged up....what more could you possibly want :smiling4:

Thank you Si, looking fwd to making the front and rear guards once the lower half has the tracks on and it's all assembled.

Thanks again .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I agree with Peter “show off”. Seriously Mr Race very impressive work.

• Haha

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Great stuff Dzohn. This will be a keeper. PaulE