T34 Conversion with a Armoured car in 1/35 for Simon

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR...........looks like you have gone into the "Knacker" business and from the looks of that armored car the "Rooskies" are cutting back on quality!! :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: All told, things look properly rusted I can't wait to see how the bridge comes out........keep up the good work. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Right now it’s cold enough in Somerset for me John...expecting minus five tonight!
Been frosty here last night Tim, the first time this winter the pond has started to freeze. Its now a beautiful sunny day with a blue sky, still frosty and cold.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR...........looks like you have gone into the "Knacker" business and from the looks of that armored car the "Rooskies" are cutting back on quality!! :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: All told, things look properly rusted I can't wait to see how the bridge comes out........keep up the good work. Rick H.
My dear friend, please read the above post to Mr Jones, its primer , Matron will be along soon to up your dose:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice rust John.
Pete
Sorry Pete, its still in the primmer stage, but I can see how the state of the turret would have confused you.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Would have started on the wooden bridge this morning but a frantic call from our next door neighbors ended all that.
Her husband had a fall going into the bathroom, hit the side of his face just above the eye on the sink and his head on the bath. We rang for an ambulance and while they were on the way he came too. Not much blood from his head ,but the eye was black .
Of course he didn't want to go to hospital, but suffering from concussion can be serious. So off he went, we heard from his wife he was being checked over and was recovering . Having already having a weak heart and pacemaker it was the best place for him .
Afraid social distancing went out of the window, but at a time like this what can you do ?
Just when you think a pleasant day bench is in store !

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well done JR...........mask and distancing be damned! You did the right thing. Proud to call you my Friend Sir. Rick H. :thumb2:

• Love
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Sorry, just caught up O Rust-Meister. Looks exactly like rusty metal. Wonderful.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I hope your neighbour goes on ok. Good that you could help. Oddly enough Nita and I were saying just the other day that we needed to be extra careful not to fall as now is not a good time to have to go into hospital. What made us think about it was that an elderly lady from up the road fell and is now in hospital with a broken hip.
Base is coming together really well. One thing I do notice is that your bases always have height built in whether cliffs or buildings.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done JR...........mask and distancing be damned! You did the right thing. Proud to call you my Friend Sir. Rick H. :thumb2:
Thanks Rick appreciate that
Just heard from our neighbor wife , he's undergoing further neurology tests today .
The interesting news is the hospital had been split into two distinct sections, so no where near any Covid-19 treatment .

Sorry, just caught up O Rust-Meister. Looks exactly like rusty metal. Wonderful.
Thanks Peter, top coat still to come !! ;)
Hi John
I hope your neighbour goes on ok. Good that you could help. Oddly enough Nita and I were saying just the other day that we needed to be extra careful not to fall as now is not a good time to have to go into hospital. What made us think about it was that an elderly lady from up the road fell and is now in hospital with a broken hip.
Base is coming together really well. One thing I do notice is that your bases always have height built in whether cliffs or buildings.
Jim
Thanks Jim, it's the type of thing you just do. Certainly not a place I would relish going at this time .
He wasn't too keen on going with the Covid-19 in mind either, but the ambulance crew said the hospital had been split into two and he would be no where near that area . Still we all know about lasps in Hospital hygiene, my mother died due to an infection on a ward .

As to the height in my bases , I remember a tip on MM to have height in a base to give more interest. So I've done that on nearly every one since.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great rustiness John. And kudos for helping your neighbour out.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Andrew,

The rust has turned into yes the paint Bob really loves 4BO.

Also built the bridge, I noticed some unfortunate CA marks where I had glued some bolt head on and the supports. Thinking I would be plagued with these for ever I realised its going to have snow on the bridge !!!!

2020_2ZAB.jpg2020_3AS.jpg2020_4AC.jpg

2020ER.jpg

Once the washes were done I added some rust to the steel x members and a tough of green to the lower sections where the legs would be under water at times.

Then onto the 4BO, using the new vortex mixer I was thrilled to have the best application of paint I think I have ever had. Smooth, mixed with 30% thinners at 25psi seemed to work a dream. At the end of the session and after 3 refills I stripped the gundown to clean, very little grud in the needle housing, so overall very pleased.

2020_7VP.jpg

2020_8VP.jpg

2020_9VP.jpg
2020_10.jpg

Really nice when something you buy actually works as well as you hoped, so a big thanks to TIM:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Right that's it, thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

Dzhon.

Last edited: