T34 Conversion with a Armoured car in 1/35 for Simon

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi my offering will be a joint build and diorama of a .
2020_5.jpg

and .
2020.jpg
Both myself and Simon had an interest in these Russian vehicles, it was him who suggested I try the armound cars. I've built 3 this the last one will be a fitting tribute to a great modeller and friend.

I am armed with some new Pewter sheet, a conversion kit for the T34 with some PE.

The T34 will be perfect for a conversion into a tractor used for towing, not quite an ARV ias it didn't have a winch or spade.
Imagine a snowy landscape, ice, the armoured car has run off road in to the marshy ground, hopefully to be pulled clear by the T34.

Seats now available.

John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks like I get the comfy chair then John :nerd:

T34 conversion sounds very interesting :thumb2:
Si thanks, could you can be on the important duty of handing out the pies and cakes (which I hope you have brought, while keeping the Rabble in order. )

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
John. Seated by Si waiting for a Hot cup of Yorkshire tea. Paid Christine at the door. Can’t wait to see that T-34 turn into a tow vehicle.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
And I'll be behind the bar as usual making those great cocktails Dude 2. BTW, do you have any of those cute little umbrellas for the drinks like Richard does???

Wait!!! I'll be back in a few. Stevie's fallen asleep in the corner again. Gotta wake him up and I have to go grab my winter coat, hat and gloves...........

Prost with a Pina Colada in hand
Dude 1

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Mighty plan John, will kick cat off chair than push in at the front, close to heater, cake, pie or anything edible.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I’ll do my best to contain them John but you know what they’re like! :smiling5:
All out of pies and cakes unfortunately but I know where Rochelle has hidden Some Christmas biscuits ;)
Your going to have a riot if you haven't any pies left Si. Biscuits it is then .:nerd: Rochelle won't mind this time I'm sure.

John. Seated by Si waiting for a Hot cup of Yorkshire tea. Paid Christine at the door. Can’t wait to see that T-34 turn into a tow vehicle.
Hi Lee, teas on way. See Si re biscuits please.
Alright JR, sounds like a fun project.....waiting for this one to begin. :thumb2: Rick H.
Rick with loads of painting to do of bricks this will be an enjoyable diversion so tomorrow while see the box open !
Hi John
A great idea for a dio and Simon would have loved it.
Jim
Yes I think he would Jim. Can't promise to do as much or anywhere near that Simon would have done but will certainly try.

John,
I'm in mate looking forward to both.
Welcome Paul. Take a seat.
And I'll be behind the bar as usual making those great cocktails Dude 2. BTW, do you have any of those cute little umbrellas for the drinks like Richard does???

Wait!!! I'll be back in a few. Stevie's fallen asleep in the corner again. Gotta wake him up and I have to go grab my winter coat, hat and gloves...........

Prost with a Pina Colada in hand
Dude 1
Dude 1, glad your on the bar, if you look in the bottom drawer on the bar you should find some old ones, just knock the dried up Cherries off. Keep him awake , I find one of those cattle prod works wonders .
Mighty plan John, will kick cat off chair than push in at the front, close to heater, cake, pie or anything edible.
Bob your most welcome but promise not to keep shouting StuGs Rule when I mention T34.

I'm in sir, front and center, any cushions for these chairs.
Pete
Hi Pete, yes take Bob's, they never had them in a StuG so not going to spoil him now.

More tomorrow folks .

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Im in chum.Good old Tamiya T.34 and the memories come flooding back when i was in awe thumbing through Verlinden Tamiya special in 1982.Aged 13 i was desperate to get the k.vs and 34s.Sadly at that time you couldnt get them in u.k.Had to wait for E.D models to get a few in!!!.
Happy days John.Im providing Hot chocolate made in my Hotel Chocolat hot choc machine.
Rich.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Just brought the Tammy T34 myself. Arrived yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how it goes together. Will you be replacing the rubber tracks with friuls?? Great to see the armoured car as well. A feast for the eyes. Good luck with this epic project. Simon will be watching so watch your step with that pewter;):cool::thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Im in chum.Good old Tamiya T.34 and the memories come flooding back when i was in awe thumbing through Verlinden Tamiya special in 1982.Aged 13 i was desperate to get the k.vs and 34s.Sadly at that time you couldnt get them in u.k.Had to wait for E.D models to get a few in!!!.
Happy days John.Im providing Hot chocolate made in my Hotel Chocolat hot choc machine.
Rich.
Hi mate, we've just been pm-ing about those far off days. Serve out the choc , sounds a nice machine.

Just brought the Tammy T34 myself. Arrived yesterday. Looking forward to seeing how it goes together. Will you be replacing the rubber tracks with friuls?? Great to see the armoured car as well. A feast for the eyes. Good luck with this epic project. Simon will be watching so watch your step with that pewter;):cool::thumb2:
Oh , well you won't find any help from me Steve ! I got confused over the wheel selection, what with A and B. I had to read it several times before I half understood, seems I'm better suited to buildings. Oh the Pewter that's the part I love, much hacking to come !!!

I’ll keep an eye on this as well, looks interesting to me!
Your welcome Tim, sit well away from the Rabble though.

I'll have a seat on the right John, next to the fire extinguisher!
Graeme :smiling3:, you'll be quite safe, there's no chance of fire with this build, ice and snow yes but no fire :upside:.

Right while the paint on the foamboard is drying I decided to carry on with the T34. Quite an old kit, as the photos show.

2020_9.jpg

Here are the sprue shots.

2020_10.jpg
I like to tape each sprue and mark up the letter, saves having to repeatedly pick up and put down.

After struggling with letters and number re the idea of using 4 different wheels at the front with tyres on and the rest metal I soon had them together and on. Do like the idea of the adjustable front idler wheel on a metal bar. Its fitted through a slotted opening so the wheel can be adjusted by moving the wheel ,and then tightened up using a screwdriver from the base with a 3mm nut and machine screw.

As below.

2020_13.jpg

2020_12.jpg

Soon had the engine plate on and then sanded and scraped all the plastic detailing off the rear engine deck. This is where the conversion kit would have you fitsome of the the PE.

2020_6_2S.jpg

It's supposed to fit the Academy T34, which from this photo the engine grill is curved , didn't turn out like that on the Tamiya it stayed flat.

2020_15.jpg

Realised that I'd put the two parts the wrong way in sequence, oh well It will be covered " in crap in the back " so none of that will be noticed or even seen. Still annoying to say the least.

Then came the resin part, now Simon would have made that top part himself, but I would find it hard to replicate the weld seams .

2020_17.jpg
It's going to be hard enough having to cut out a section of plastic card to make the large opening smaller, here again there is a difference between the model recommended and the Tamiya.

The rest of the PE is small alright.

2020_18.jpg
Should prove a challenge but determined to attempt to use it all .

Comments welcome , thanks for looking in.
John.

Attachments

• 2020_14.jpg
    2020_14.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 1