T34 Conversion with a Armoured car in 1/35 for Simon

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good John, the bridge is an interesting structure, looks like a Russian construction. Glad you painted the vehicles green, it looked like you had set them on fire.....:anguished:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John, the bridge is an interesting structure, looks like a Russian construction. Glad you painted the vehicles green, it looked like you had set them on fire.....:anguished:
Thanks Graeme, yes thought the bridge should look a no nonsense affair.
No fire this time, just ice and snow.:fearful:.

Very nice Mr. Race
[/QUOTE.
Thank you Lee. Nice to have you join in .
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hello fellow Lock Downers.

Well gardening is out because of the damp and cold spending more time at the bench.

Today started on some figures, on the box they are shown as being armed, didn't want that so a few changes involving replacement arms from the spares box hopefully has worked.

2020_8 SHOVEL IN STEAD OF GUN.jpg

2020_9  TW0  FIGURES.jpg

This one crawling is going to be attaching one of the tow ropes later.

2020_6.jpg

The officer should have a pistol, changed that to a folded section of plastic sheet to look like a note book.

One of the t34 crew was a bit of a problem, the one in the left hand hatch. With him in the hatch the covers were too tight.In the end I removed the scope on the inside and changed his left arm. Filler is in and waiting to be sanded back.

2020_4.jpg
2020_3.jpg

Mentioning sanding , I cut a coffee stirrer down and CA'd a section of 400 grit wet and dry on. Works a treat to get into folds of the clothing.
2020.jpg

Then came the Armoured Car wheels, if I leave them on they lift the car too high, so out with saws so they look to be buried in snow. Still might have to actually let them into the ground. Next is laying out the ice sheet from Precision Ice and Snow.

2020_5 WHEELS SAWN.jpg

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.

Dzhon.

Attachments

• 2020_2.jpg
    2020_2.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 2

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Great work on the figures. Chopping them about looks to have paid off. I have made sanders like you did. I used double sided tape to attach the grit. Easily changed when it wears. I have used that ice sheet once. I found it hard to cut but it looks good.
Keep up the outstanding work.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good John. Looked the changed to the figures.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice bit of surgery there John.
Thanks Andy, bit basic , the wheels were off at the time kept moving about while I cut them, surprised I didn't cut my self .:smiling3:

He will need more than a kwik fit fitter for those mate.
Paul unless he was ex REME !
Hi John
Great work on the figures. Chopping them about looks to have paid off. I have made sanders like you did. I used double sided tape to attach the grit. Easily changed when it wears. I have used that ice sheet once. I found it hard to cut but it looks good.
Keep up the outstanding work.
Jim
Hi Jim , thanks. The sander has been helpful, never thought of the double sided tape, suppose that would make a cushion for the paper as well .As to the ice, still deciding how to apply it, don't want to use a full sheet so thinking about the method shown on UTUBE

Looking good John. Looked the changed to the figures.

ATB.

Andrew

Andrew thanks

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice........thanks for sharing JR. Rick H. :thumb2:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice........thanks for sharing JR. Rick H. :thumb2:
Your welcome Rick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've altered the base , to give some edge to the other bank. Makes it easier to add the water and ice.

Looks a bit odd at the moment, that colour will show through the ice and be much softer.
2020_8.jpg

Yesterday I did the first coat of washable white camo.

Followed this afternoon when fully dry a loading of the " crap in the back " Photos a bit rushed, but give a general idea.
Started to add some mud on the track guards and where the crew would have climbed.
Put the decals on , and realised that two are the wrong way up !!!!!

2020_4.jpg
DUH !
and
2020_2.jpg

Tried the Vallejo pigment fixer again over some rust pigments around the exhaust, don't think its a patch on AK. That smoke /soot from the engine needs blending in as well.

Side view.
2020_3lighter.jpg
2020lighter.jpg
Another blending tomorrow of the rust and mud lines, and blending in of the camo. You have to imagine where bushes would rub it off and where the crew had climbed about

The BA has had much the same treatment.

2020_5.jpg

2020_6.jpg
Enjoying this a lot. A lot more to do, I've even sprayed some trees ready for the bark pattern !

Thanks for looking in, comment by all means welcome.

Dzhon.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,
Good to see you’ve been busy with the white wash....looking very good so far :thumb2:
Shame about the decals though, although I’m sure you’ll get away with it ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Working out very nicely indeed.
Jim
Thanks Jim.

Evening John,
Good to see you’ve been busy with the white wash....looking very good so far :thumb2:
Shame about the decals though, although I’m sure you’ll get away with it ;)
Evening Si, couldn't believe it when uploaded the photo to the PC.
A few choice words were muttered I can tell you .:poop::smiling2::smiling2:.
Don't suppose they will come off with out distroying, so that can be the first job tomorrow.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sweeeeeet! :thumb2:
Thanks buddy.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The upside down decals ," shame on you " I hear the cry , didn't of course come off.
I removed the centre one on the rear, but left some of the red on the front track guard.
I'll have to dent that and have a little rust there.
Having spent the morning pumping surplus water from the pond due to continuous rain and snow we had and then spending the afternoon ordering from the Scale Model Shop nothing was achieved. The good thing the paint on the base has now fully dried while sitting in the house next to rad .
Hopefully there will something to show tomorrow .:nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good news, had a text and pm fro Steve Jones who kindly is putting it to the post set of decals, so saved.
As I couldn't do any painting first thing as the Flags were flying here at Race Towers due to it being my 73 rd !!!!! birthday and I had to thank all those on fb who had wished me well, including Paul Scott and Andy Paintguy.
Plus a pm from Fernando and thew funnest pm from Allen Dude 1 , NO IM NOT GOING TO SHOW IT !

This afternoon between speaking via Whats app to one daughter her family and to Tom our eldest grandson I managed to do some work on the base.

Cutting in to the bank so I can build up the filler when the BA car is painted, it sits more realistically, can't do any more on this till the car is ready.
Then tried the use of cling film , spray adhesive used for a fixer, then two layers draped over the river. The ends has been blocked off first.
Right now some photos.

2020_10lighter.jpg
Blocked ends, and hole dug.

2020_11.jpg
This what I like to use for all spray adhesive work, I dare say other makes are available .

2020_12.jpg
Good thick layer of glue , slightly up the sides as well.

2020_13.jpg
The film, sticking only to the lower sections, this will be cut back to the depth of the ice/water.

2020_14.jpg
Trail of the water and snow mix to produce a sheet of ice.

2020_15.jpg
2020_16.jpg
Mixed part A & B

2020_17.jpg

Other types are available .

Mixed in with the water,

2020_18.jpg

The green bits are because the mix has green in it, think I will use the clear version
The snow powder has been added, about 2 table spoon and mixed in.Poured into a plastic container to harden , should take 24 hrs.Then will see it this works.

Thanks for looking in, comments by all means welcome.

Dzhon.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking excellent 453.
That water method looks good - If a bit complicated.;)

Oh, and by the way, a very happy Birthday for yesterday. :thumb2:

• Love
D

Deleted member 6559

Nice bit of chemistry going on there John. Great stuff/