T34 Conversion with a Armoured car in 1/35 for Simon

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
All looking very good John, the broken ice is very convincing.
Thanks Graeme, once I realised it didn't need to cover the whole river bed because of snow it was a lot easier.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking very good John.

ATB.

Andrew

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Coming on extremely nicely John.
Andy
Thanks Andy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got a little done this evening, spent most of the afternoon attempting to speak to a real person:anguished::anguished: on Curry's phone line on behalf of the lady in her 90's I garden for. Talk about the runaround, just passed from dept to dept, in the end a lady gave me ref no for a guarantee as the installation team had removed it along with the instructions.:angry::angry::angry::angry:

Had to down load on line and print the ones off that you would need. Come to the conclusion that all this bullsh*t about easy to contact is a load of lies, even the phone no for the store is incorrect.:poop::poop::poop: AND more :poop::poop::poop:

Moving quickly on I've painted a three of the figures and cut down a tooth cleaning stick cover to make a cooking pot for the Shadow Box . Fitted some wire for the handle and added some filler to paint as required.

2020_2.jpg2020_3.jpg2020_4.jpg2020_5.jpg2020_6.jpg2020_7.jpg

Bit rushed but wanted get these posted.
Thanks for following, comments always welcome.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sounds like you had a :poop: day JR.......hope you found the painting to be a bit of relaxation. Like the pot. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sounds like you had a :poop: day JR.......hope you found the painting to be a bit of relaxation. Like the pot. Rick H.
Thanks Rick, just so frustrating when you can't speak to anyone with out at least an hour to spare " We are just a click away or phone " yeh !

Yes the painting was a relief, looking at the photos that green is definitely not right is it, far too light and sappy looking. An investigation is required ! :nerd:

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Sorry to read of your "adventure" with on line/phone service. When I had problems with my mail account (msgs didn't come or go notwithstanding all my efforts) they just askd for an e-mail to confirm my e-mail problem and have it sorted out... :disappointed2:. Finally we agreed for the old fashioned fax and now my account is working one way, at least: only incoming mails....:angry:

Just caught up with this thread: a really inspiring winter scene and fine scratchwork and paintjob on the models; sad for all that 4BO covered in white, aren't you?.... that must have been a distressing moment ;)

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry to read of your "adventure" with on line/phone service. When I had problems with my mail account (msgs didn't come or go notwithstanding all my efforts) they just askd for an e-mail to confirm my e-mail problem and have it sorted out... :disappointed2:. Finally we agreed for the old fashioned fax and now my account is working one way, at least: only incoming mails....:angry:

Just caught up with this thread: a really inspiring winter scene and fine scratchwork and paintjob on the models; sad for all that 4BO covered in white, aren't you?.... that must have been a distressing moment ;)

Hi Andrea thank you, ah you have the same problems then :smiling3:.

Yes sad when I had to cover up the 4BO, and looking at some photos today of winter wash I think another visit with the paint is due, need to soften both the models.

The pics of the ice were indeed chilling. Excellent progress. PaulE
Thank you kind Sir.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You're getting better and better with the figures.
I hate Currys with a vengeance. Bought a fridge/freezer last year. Nightmare to get it sorted. Eventually got money back and bought from AO. They were brilliant.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
You're getting better and better with the figures.
I hate Currys with a vengeance. Bought a fridge/freezer last year. Nightmare to get it sorted. Eventually got money back and bought from AO. They were brilliant.
Jim
Thanks Jim, using a wet pallette has helped a lot and having those very nice Da Vinci brushes.
I'd have gone to AO as well, as we had done for our freezer, but the lady had asked to get it from Curry's. Never heard any good things about the after service side ever !

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
The iceman cometh… Excellent progress John and Paul is right ... indeed very chilling representation of the ice
lovely work

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Figures are coming along well mate. Got a wet palette for Xmas. Keep forgetting to use the thing :smiling3:
Thank you, well don't Steve, its a fantastic bit of kit, so simple yet so effective.

The iceman cometh… Excellent progress John and Paul is right ... indeed very chilling representation of the ice
lovely work
Thanks Joe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All done now , moving to completed dioramas .

Thanks for following.