Ta 152

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Inow have a model for the Group Build.

I have a Ta 152 by Pacific Coast of whom I had not heard until I saw the kit.

Kit made by Sword, decals by Cartograf, PE set by Eduard.

As a novice at this level, I'll only build what I get in the kit.

I have posted pictures below.

First impressions:

1 It will be a ground model as there's no pilot included.

2 The panel detailling looks superb.

3 Oh b****r it, there are no locating tabs on the flat panels.

4 Is that mould flash, chamfered fittings for a snug fit, or something I'm missing?

5 Really good colour charts for finishing.

6 Instructions that show sub-asemblies but no sequencing. They must mean something to an expert, but me.....?

7 An awful lot of tiny bits that I can here the carpet muncher waiting for.

8 Can I panic NOW?

This build looks like 5% assembly, 10% painting and prep and 85% begging for help, sceaming infrustration and panicking equally shared.

Roll on 1st of the 4th.

I need a lie down in a darkened room.

View attachment 22418

View attachment 22419

View attachment 22420

View attachment 22421

View attachment 22422

View attachment 22423

View attachment 22424

View attachment 22425

View attachment 22426

View attachment 22427

View attachment 22428

Loose detail 2..jpg

Sprue 2..jpg

Sprue 1..jpg

Sprue 5..jpg

Loose detail 1..jpg

Colour chart 1..jpg

Sprue 3..jpg

Colour chart 2..jpg

Box..jpg

As delivered..jpg

Decals & Photo et&#.jpg

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Don't panic.....you'll be fine. Locating pins are way over rated and I often remove them to make things fit anyway. As for the rest of your assembly worries, they will all be overcome by dry fitting the parts (about nine times!!) before you break out the glue. You'll soon see what's meant to be there and what isn't!

I see Richard Caruana did the illustrations (and I suspect the decals) which explains why they are so good and certainly as accurate as current research allows. He is a top aviation artist,from Malta, and you will probably have seen his work in many books and magazines.

Cheers

Steve

F

Fenlander

I agree with Steve re the location pins. The first kit I built without them was the Mustang I did. I thought it was going to be a real problem but, as Steve says, I often cut them off now to enable me to manipulate bits into the position they should be in.

Dry fit, dry fit and more dry fit is indeed the solution as is Liquid Polly glue. Hold the bits together and touch the joint with liquid glue and let capillary action take care of it. Once it is together, run a tad more liquid glue along the joint and it will be there for good. Decals are he best you can get as is the PE so I think this is going to be a stunner.