Take three tanks, coffee stirrers, twigs, a door, polystyrene and some filler. Gently stir...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys. Comments about the ice, much appreciated.... :thumb2:

Rain all day yesterday so moved on nicely with the model.

Some members might have mused why no muddy track going up to the bridge?
It's a railway! One of the few railway bridges still intact and therefore precious to the advancing Russian Army. In any case the river is shallow next to it, so no need to risk driving heavy armour across the possibly weakened structure.

I laid a sausage of filler down on the base and then squidged the length of track into it and then messed about with a stiff old paint brush.
P1240844.JPG

P1240845.JPG

That's possibly it for the main elements of the diorama.
I'll know doubt be tweaking and adding bits and bobs as they come floating into the cavernous void where my brain would normally reside.... :upside:

Cheers and thanks again for all your input thus far.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Ha ha Jim!
I knew after I'd typed it that it would be open to all sorts of interpretations and smutty thoughts!:flushed: At least it shows you are concentrating...... :tongue-out3:

Thanks for your comments on the rail track too, and sticking with the build.

Cheers.
Ron

D

Deleted member 4539

Just simply WOW Ron :smiling3:.
I'm going to quit modelling and join another website and use your photo's and pass them off as my own work and wait for all the praise I will get for doing nothing:tears-of-joy:.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Ian and Ralph.

Ralph - There is no other website!

The wife is out for the day, and it's raining. So after a delightful lunch of kippers, (She will know 'cos the place stinks of them now) the oily fish managed to get my brain functioning to a reasonable level of imagination. I had a look at the model and decided to fill in some of the space on t'other side of the river. It looked a bit empty and unbalanced somehow.

I came up with the idea to include a wrecked Tiger tank destroyed during the Russian advance.

Luckily, I had a wrecked Tiger I in my spares drawer, so I whitewashed over the original camo., dug a hole in the snow and in it went...

Here's the result of the kipper's influence.

Dig a hole in the polystyrene.
P1240848.JPG

Add kitchen foil corrugated sheets supported by left over twigs. Then add faint tank tracks and explosion marks.
P1240850.JPG

White washed tank placed behind its flimsy, made in a hurry by the crew, bit of a barricade cum camouflage thingy.
P1240851.JPG

P1240852.JPG

Fill in around the tank tracks and wheels with 'Snow'
P1240854.JPG

The finished wreck.
P1240853.JPG

A most rewarding couple of hours work, which I'm hoping will balance the diorama up a bit.

Cheers all.

Ron

D

Deleted member 4539

The Tiger is a great little scene on it's own Ron :smiling3:.

plagiaristmodellers.com.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
You certainly can't second guess what you're going to come up with, that's a great addition.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You got another tank to go on this masterpiece then Ron? Your title says three tanks but you say the wrecked Tiger is a recent afterthought .....

I'm always doin' things like that. I'll have an idea then promptly forget it - then a week later it'll come back to me as an original thought!

When I forget the thinks I've thunk I reckon it's my senility gettin' worse. What's your excuse?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers boys.

Dave - Just after lunch today there was indeed just two tanks in the title and on the model. It was around 2 pm today that I came up with the idea to include a third tank to fill the dead space.
After the addition of the wrecked Tiger it seemed logical to alter the tank quota to three. I edited the thread title round about 4.30 this afternoon.

Yours.
Wilfred Pickles

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Cheers boys.

Dave - Just after lunch today there was indeed just two tanks in the title and on the model. It was around 2 pm today that I came up with the idea to include a third tank to fill the dead space.
After the addition of the wrecked Tiger it seemed logical to alter the tank quota to three. I edited the thread title round about 4.30 this afternoon.

Yours.
Wilfred Pickles

See! I told you senility was settin' in! I forgot the original title.