Taken The Plunge at last..

P

periscope

I found out late on Saturday night that there was model boat rally at Doncaster - went on Sunday morning (first rally visit) and ended up with a Robbe 'Paula 111' a Hitec Laser6 TX and most of the other bits and pieces to get me started. I got loads of good advice and help from various club members who were there representing their clubs - and also a lot of help from the dealers in particular Andy from Scoobies of Scotland who I suppose a lot of modellers already know. All I need now is a bit of time (and patience) to get myself afloat. I've been advised by quite a few people that the Paula is a good starter for a beginner - so lets hope I get there eventually... A big Thank You to all those on the Forum who have helped me over the past few weeks.

Ian.

A

adzam

well mate , paula is a nice model to dtart with, altho robbe plans arent the best to follow, andy from scoonie is a very big character in the world of modelling very very helpful, and very very friendly.

if you need or advice mate, just post up in here and we`ll help whereever we can , it can be a bit daunting with your first model, just take your time and there is no rush. ;)

P

periscope

Thanks Adzam - Yep I just intend to assemble the boat slowly and carefully - but no doubt I'll soon get confused with some section or other, and I'll soon be yelling for help. - I won't be able to start until we get some rainy days - as I have a lot of things to do outside redesigning the garden. Then I have to install the electrics into a Victorian dolls house before 'She who must be obeyed' will let me play with my own toys - apart from that our local farmers have just started harvesting and there are some fields I've been waiting to get into with my metal detector where I have previously made some interesting finds. ...... it's very hectic being retired you know...

Thanks for your offer mate,

Ian.