Takom 1/35 KV-5; A beautiful, humongous freak

V

virtue66

Hello all and all hello. How have your Decembers been so far? Good? Christmas shopping done? Don't leave it to the last minutes folks.

I'm sure you all are aware that I am building a quick dual build of the KV-5 and the JS-4.Well, I have finished both of them. I will do a finished post for each separately so let's start with the KV-5 shall we?

For weathering, I kept the entire upper part of the vehicle clean, free of chippings and collected dust. Since this is paper panzer ( well technically it's not a panzer but meh), I wanted to put this in a scenario where they are testing out performance of a relatively new prototype. Instead of mud, I did my best to put on small amount of caked earth/soil effect on the tracks and on the chassis.

For the colours, I used a variety of brands and mixing and matching them.

( BTW, is it just me or does photobucket makes the photo even more fuzzy? )

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/takom-135-kv-5-beautiful-humongous-freak.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

D

dubster72

That's very very good Gary! The shading of the paint adds depth & interest to a monochrome build, something that's hard to do ;)

The restrained weathering works excellently - it's like a KV-1 on steroids!

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
The usual from me Gary

Lee :smiling3:

V

virtue66

\ said:
That's very very good Gary! The shading of the paint adds depth & interest to a monochrome build, something that's hard to do ;) The restrained weathering works excellently - it's like a KV-1 on steroids!
Thank you Patrick. I really glad I went with the restrained weathering. It looks more beautiful this way.

\ said:
Excellent build and finish Gary
Thank you

\ said:
The usual from me GaryLee :smiling3:
And the usual from me Lee

\ said:
Great work Gary it may be a freak amongst tanks but you have made it look super
Thank you Ian. it is an honour to hear such words from a talented modeller like yourself

\ said:
Another great one Gary, nice modulation.
Thanks steve. much appreciated. The modulations was touch and go but luckily, I pulled through just fine. whew

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Excellent build Gary,real like the shading and over all paint work,you get +++ from me, ;)