TAKOM: how to get in contact?

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
I need spare parts from TAKOM. I messed up the BV206 vinyl tracks and I hope to get a spare set instead of binning the whole kit or buying another one.
I wrote two times to the only mail address I found on the TAKOM web page (business@takom-world.com) but, after more than 3 weeks, I got no answer neither an acknowledgement of receipt.
Does TAKOM run a customer service and, if yes, anyone here know how to contact it?

Thank you in advance.
Andrea

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Got an e-mail from Niki/TAKOM: they say I'm lucky (quoting) as they have the spare tracks!! :cool:
Payment already done: 2 USD for the tracks, 8 USD for the shipment... :thinking:... :smiling:!
Waiting for the small parcel to show up at my door in the next 2 months (my guess, considering TAKOM's reaction time and the distances involved).
Thank you again, Bob, for the "Niki"tip.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
What did the Stug do the other day...it helped a Sheep. Well done there. I hope Takom didn't have their ads printed with the wrong mail address.

Cheers,
Richard

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Well, StuGs have good sides for sure, so good they need schurzen to protect 'em.;) :smiling:.
Probably MiniArt will release soon a new special edition StuG kit: the "Shepherd StuG" with a shepherd's stick beside the Commander's hatch, a sheep shearer instead of the wire cutter, a 1/35 Bitzer figure 81_AC_SY741.JPG (here a family pic :tongue-out3: ) and the sheep flock kit they already have in their catalog ...:smiling2:.
Andrea.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
At last, my tracks have come along...:relieved: :relieved: my lonely days are over and life is like a BV...:hugging-face:
IMG_7605.JPG
Expenses: a total amount of 10$ for the tracks + shipment and 4.5€ for custom taxes :disappointed2: but they are 8 instead of 4! :surprised: so I can s***w up again, at least one more time! :upside:
Time elapsed from first contact to delivery: 116 calendar days or 80 working days or 99 working days according to the Chinese working week, most of which spiraling within the Chinese borders (according to the parcel tracking system). :astonished:

Andrea.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Happy days! If there that much of a pain to get might be worth putting the spares on eBay incase someone else messed up, might get a fair chunk of your money back.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
At last, my tracks have come along...:relieved: :relieved: my lonely days are over and life is like a BV...:hugging-face:
View attachment 444453
Expenses: a total amount of 10$ for the tracks + shipment and 4.5€ for custom taxes :disappointed2: but they are 8 instead of 4! :surprised: so I can s***w up again, at least one more time! :upside:
Time elapsed from first contact to delivery: 116 calendar days or 80 working days or 99 working days according to the Chinese working week, most of which spiraling within the Chinese borders (according to the parcel tracking system). :astonished:

Andrea.
@Andy the Sheep Did you complete the BV206? Always been interested in the vehicle. First encounter with one was half way down Mount Kent in the Falklands. Had to RV with to to evacuate a poorly soldier!! It was at a 45 degree angle coming straight down the mountain. Ever since became fascinated with them. And its replacement. Amazing vehicles.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Sorry, Doug. It's still in the "ongoing projects" shelf :sad-face::smiling4:
When I'll revive that build I'll update its thread for sure. Here's the link
Thanks for your interest; it's definitely a peculiar subject and with links to my professional past too.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Sorry, Doug. It's still in the "ongoing projects" shelf :sad-face::smiling4:
When I'll revive that build I'll update its thread for sure. Here's the link
Thanks for your interest; it's definitely a peculiar subject and with links to my professional past too.
Look forward to its resurrection!!
I too have a bit of history with them and its replacement the Viking. (More the Viking). Also witnessed the huge modification they did to Viking to reduce IED damage, the introduction of a 'V' shaped base.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I initially worked with the BV202 in Norway (at a time when hairy ar---d Norsemen were just fading from the scene), never had a cabby in the Viking though :disappointed2: Steve