Tamiya 1/12 F1 Lotus JPS Mk3

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very nicely.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all (sorry Richard ) the fit of the body panels (maybe the age of the kit) is awful for tamiya standards what ive photoed here is the main body part all else is an awful fit, as this kit was a gift I'm doing my best but this will never be up with the best I've built, that's not to say I'm not enjoying the build its just a shame it won't be my best build.IMG-8411.jpg
IMG-8412.jpg
IMG-8413.jpg
IMG-8414.jpg
IMG-8415.jpg
IMG-8416.jpg
IMG-8417.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking real good now Ken. A real Mario cart that one.

D

Deleted member 3568

OK so these decals are 40 years old and have had a tendency to break up so last night I spent 2 hrs getting these together and was patting myself on the back about the great job I had done, only to see this morning they looked like this.

IMG-8447.jpg

No recovery from that one, I looked on indycal but they are all printed on a black background, I'm a bit worried that it may not be the same as the black the one I've Sprayed the rest of the car with.

Anyway the rest of the decals went on OK.

IMG-8448.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bummer! You saved so many, it's a shame. Maybe black will be black.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That’s a great shame Ken. The Lotus is looking great (decal breakage aside). If you do decide to go with the Indycal decals you could always cut the black decals close so a limited amount of black shows. Do find a way to finish though it would be a crying shame not to finish this now.
Cheers
P

D

Deleted member 3568

Well the decals arrived last week but I've been too unwell to do anything with them also the register is different so I can't lay the new ones over the old ones so I'm just going to have to settle with applying them on the side skirts only and hope the difference is not so blindingly obvious as when it's on the same plane as the rest.

PSX-20211023-171901.jpg

IMG-8620.jpg

IMG-8619.jpg

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Bought the semi w/one like this inside for my son one Christmas. Doing a great job.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Aaand again, I (nearly) made this last year. I actually haven't put the decals on yet as they got scary they were so old - and you had exactly the same issue with the nose cone I did. My solution was brutal - I hacked away at some invisible plastic on the underside u til I could fit it. Not pretty.

You've done a lovely job here.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ken

Missed the latest updates. That's coming on very nicely despite the decal problems.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew