I wasn't happy with the scale of the kit supplied fuel lines (nearly double the size they should have been at just over 1mm (the actual lines are a tad over 6mm)
The only photo ref I have atm is this
I know they are metal in the pic but back then they were clear nylon because they were lighter than metal ones but when they added more ethanol to modern fuel they started to fail (the nylon ones that is) and so modern cars have metal, anyway I've gone of subject metal ones is the only ref I have atm and the nylon ones were a tad smaller so the kit ones are definitely over scale.
I stretched the kit ones which made them thinner.
I've done some weathering on the engine as well and added a few ancillary parts.
You wouldn't believe how hard the suspension on this is and don't get me started on the connection of the wheels to the drive shafts.
I've started scratching the slide throttle linkage for it, the guys at work hate this system, there is a plate with 3 holes in it the size if the venturi of the flutes that runs on bearings and slides forwards and backwards to enlarge or reduce the air fuel ratio by sliding the hole thus reducing or enlarging the venturi, it's prone to leaks and not a great system.
This car had other throttle linkage systems which were better but the one depicted in the kit is this one so (as it's the car I've worked on it's the one I will try to depict)
OK some pics of progress so far, I really don't like the tamiya idea of doing the suspension, it's s=€t took ages to do and is very fragile (must be why they give you one extra of each suspension part)
I generally like tamiya kits but not a fan of this one for design of assembly luckily I didn't do the suspension in the order tamiya suggest as it would have been even harder to accomplish done in the way the instructions suggest.
Did more work on the 910 made the porsche decals for the side (quite pleased with them) masked and painted the windscreen and built the dashboard.
Working on the font for the number 20 (proving quite difficult)