Tamiya 1/12 Porsche 934

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
Flat six engines always nice to look at. Their design and shape allows you to see a lot of detail a standard in-line or vee design hides.
T

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great progress ken , the engine looks excellent and the body is looking sweet , cheers tony

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Ken,
Great work so far I really like the aluminium finish you have achieved.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well the tamiya supplied engine is done, I've looked on line but cant find picures the throttle linkages, I will have to ask my boss if he has any references (he seems to have an know anything Porsche related (hes an advisor on several official Porsche boards and is highly respected for his knowledge))started the decals, which are great but, the ones round the grill are really hard especially the ones around the square cut outs (if I could have guaranteed the colour match it would have been far and away easier to mask and spray it.

IMG-3557.jpg
IMG-3555.jpg
IMG-3556.jpg
IMG-3558.jpg
IMG-3553.jpg
IMG-3554.jpg
IMG-3552.jpg

IMG-3561.jpg
IMG-3562.jpg
IMG-3560.jpg

Ps I've barely started the decals (what ever happened to the English version (which I much preferred transfers) decals, where did that even come from you transfer the image from one place to another what you de (cant even think where cal fits in) sorry rant over, I just dont understand it.
Sorry I know I've not used the attach files function but the files are never attached in the order you pic them.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Love the mint green paint :thumb2:

When you put the pictures into your post you can put them in any order you want regardless of the order they come in when you attach files

Are those mould lines meant to there on the engine pipework - they look like they have slipped through quality control?

D

Deleted member 3568

Done some work on the fuel tank. a word of caution to anyone building this kit. When it comes to mounting the oil tank, on page one of the instructions it tells you to attach the mount for the oil tank, unless you skip ahead and build the oil tank first dont attach the mount in the first picture the bracket on the left had side is for the oil tank (the shelf with the oblong rail coming out from the side.

IMG-3581.jpg

The steel pipe laying on its side next to it in the next pic goes into the tank and then into a hole in the bulkhead.

IMG-3585.jpg

In the position of the next picture.

IMG-3580.jpg

Here is a picture of the oil tank in position

IMG-3583.jpg

Getting that pipe into the hole in the bulkhead and into the hole in the oil tank with that bracket in place is impossible (on this model of course that bracket was well and truly stuck) so I cut that rail off in order to get that pipe in then glued it back on again.

A better option would have been to attach the bracket and tank with the pipe on at the same time.

Here are some pics of the fuel tank.

IMG-3575.jpg
IMG-3576.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

I must say I'm really enjoying this kit (although I thought it would take longer to build )

The seat is just placed there not glued loads to do to that yet.

IMG-3620.jpg
IMG-3614.jpg
IMG-3613.jpg

IMG-3618.jpg
IMG-3621.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all bought a mirror to mount the 934 on will have the car on axle stands with the engine alongside it, not sure whether to have the tyres stacked or arranged around it, also thinking of putting 2 walls up around it with pictures of the car racing on them I'm going for a look of it being in a museum display.
Any suggestions welcome.

IMG_3632.jpgIMG_3633.jpgIMG_3635.jpgIMG_3634.jpgIMG_3637.jpgIMG_3636.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Again they dont display in the order you pic them, sorry about that I will use imgbb in the future as I can see no way of posting in the correct order.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all made a start on the axle stands but had a major set back on the bodywork looked great till I clear coated it and it went matt (strange as I sprayed the bonnet and wings exactly the same way and they are nice and glossy)

I decanted the laquer out of the can and sprayed it through my air brush, the only difference being I sprayed the body this morning (it rained over night) I sprayed the bonnet and wings during the day in the sun (i wonder if it was damp and it has bloomed)

IMG-3656.jpg

IMG-3657.jpg
IMG-3658.jpg
IMG-3659.jpg

IMG-3660.jpg
IMG-3661.jpg
IMG-3662.jpg

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ken
Very impressive work. That engine is a thing of beauty. Looks like it could burst into life with a turn of the key.
Jim

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all I decided to add the brake pipes to this kit and was going to use wire but then realised that the working steering and suspension wouldn't work so I added the bracket to the suspension leg and then added a flexible hose from that. Should I mention this was my third attempt(no ones perfect)

IMG-3676.jpg

IMG-3678.jpg
IMG-3677.jpg

IMG-3674.jpg
IMG-3673.jpg
IMG-3675.jpg

mrtintheweb

mrtinthweb
First Name
Toby
I think that this kit seems to give an extra layer of detail beyond what I expected. The price now seems justified and the build quality from kpnuts just leaves me feeling envious.
T