Tamiya 1/12 Scale Motorbikes

First Name
Lachlan
Hi all,

New member here. I was having a look around and couldn't see anyone posting about the motorcycle range that Tamiya have. I'm a complete beginner with Tamiya, I used Airfix when I was a child but I was never able to move onto Tamiya at that age. I was looking for some advice regarding a good beginners airbrush/compressor amongst other things. if anyone is keen to offer some advice, please do! Does anyone else model the motorcycles here?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the forum Lachlan. Plenty of people here who are motorbike fans and will enjoy seeing your model.

First Name
Lachlan
Thanks, Steve! I'm planning on getting one of the cheaper kits first. My main interest is in the MotoGP line, but I don't want to jump in at the deep-end just yet!

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome along for the ride.
Moved this post to the section about civilian vehicles. Have you checked out the under construction and completed builds in the motorcycle sections?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
ermm....yes i do :hungry:

the Virago/Katana/CB750F kits are dead cheap and build up great if you want to try one to see how you like them

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Lachlan
I posted a build of a Tamiya bike (Honda CB750F custom I think, it’s boxed at the moment following a house move) about a year ago.....and I know there have been several others. I have found them to be lovely little kits....

First Name
Lachlan
Welcome along for the ride.
Moved this post to the section about civilian vehicles. Have you checked out the under construction and completed builds in the motorcycle sections?

Thanks, Ian! I haven’t yet no, but I’m about to now! Thank you for getting back to me!

First Name
Lachlan
H
Hi Lachlan
I posted a build of a Tamiya bike (Honda CB750F custom I think, it’s boxed at the moment following a house move) about a year ago.....and I know there have been several others. I have found them to be lovely little kits....

Hi, Tim! Do you have a post link handy? I’m still trying to navigate my way around these forums!