Tamiya 1/16 Figure Vignette

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

I used to work in Bedlam John (and it was). The Imperial War Museum was originally built as the Bethlem Royal Hospital and opened in 1815.

The office I worked in was once part of one of the truncated, wings and my desk was just inside the far door on the right, facing the two windows on the left.

2f91e1530f7734d87ded0a63d998.jpg

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I was more concerned for the naked lady on the left. ! Was she in your office too !

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

John, the lady is a statue, What history your old office must have had?

A selection of restless ghosts/spirits walking the halls?

Puts a different twist on "who moved my pen?"

Only ever seen one ghost/spirit, on the coastal path to the Youth Hostel in Tintagel, in the summer of 77.

Sounds like a song title!

Thanks for the ideas about the ammo belt, I'll see what the weekend brings bench time wise, fingers crossed for rain!

Great progress on your figure Peter, sorry about the above distraction.

The arms don't look that flat?

The whole looks the part with well defined drapery, bring on the equipment.

Feeling the ache of duff knees and age this morning, hopefully this time next year a 3 day week will be more than welcome.

Looks like it should be a good day all round for granddadding and some painting too.

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - Funny isn't it that Victorian mores dictated that the women are almost completely covered, but they had statues of naked women as an ideal? No naked ladies in my time, though come to think of it....

Steve - There were supposed to be Victorian ghosts in the building, though I'm sure that there were more attached to the exhibits - the Biber miniature sub was found with the pilot dead inside for instance. My own ghost stories include my Grandmother's dead cat, and footsteps in the basement of the V&A (I worked there for a while) which was supposed to be crawling with ghosts. I also lived in a flat in Brixton as a young man, and on at least three occasions, friends who slept on the sofa asked who the young lady in the white nightgown was who walked through the room at four in the morning - she matched no description of my female flatmates, and there was a cold patch at the bottom of the stairs....

Exhausted by granddadding (she had a bad day yesterday), but should get some work done.

Simon - A labour of love, but well worth it. They sit much more convincingly than my effort.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice job Peter. I do like your harmonious palette. Almost Whistleresque.

John

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

he is an ex motorcyclist and feels more comfortable dressed this way.

Nice finish, just 2 more to go.

Still fingers crossed for a dull wet weekend to work on stuff,

The cartridge belt looks like it will be a challenge.

Your Verlinden bust is very similar to the Young's miniature I acquired.

Now the spirits have been well exorcised a weekend of paint and fun ahead?

Regards

Steve H

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Steve , Peter lovely finish to the guy .

D

Deleted member 6559

John B - A true compliment. 'Symphony in Green and Grey' eh?

Steve - Only two figures planned for this one. I quite like this chap as a stand alone though, so it may not develop into a vignette. Dull, wet weekend on the card (yay!).

John R - Glad you approve.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hiya Peter.
Another mighty fine build.Really has a different look to the original Tamiya box offering.Looks like a Panzer Grenadier primed ready for action at the front.
Great stuff Team D.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - These Tamiya figures can make a good base for a bit of fettling. They are very well detailed, but I prefer the Dragon sculpts.

Ian - Many thanks for looking in. Appreciated.

OK, number two:

100_4792.JPG100_4793.JPG

This is a very simple kit, as you can see. The clothing is not particularly well creased and folded so it will need careful painting. Not sure if I will swap heads/hands etc, and I may add more equipment.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Before you start on number two I must say number one is outstanding. You really are producing the goods at the moment Peter. You must be pleased with the good run you are having at the moment. Now that I have cursed the next figure I wish you all the best. Soz:loudly-crying:

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Steve - Yes, you shouldn't have mentioned the good run; watch it all cave in now.

The next one is ready to paint:

100_4794.JPG

Not Tamiya's finest hour this one - poor fit, distorted seams and warping. I cut off the kit boots, which were damaged by the mould lines, and replaced them with a Dragon pair which fortunately matched the pose. I also swapped the hands, as Tamiya's were of a ridiculous three parts each - these are by Verlinden, with one hand holding a flare pistol and the other a cartridge.

The three parts for the head were also a poor fit, so I've replaced it with another Reedees one paired with a Dragon helmet. The only other addition is a pair of binoculars.