Tamiya 1/16 German Elite Infantryman

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
OK, mega cheat time. I was working on the bread bag and suddenly realised how fed up I was with painting German equipment. So:

View attachment 406662View attachment 406666View attachment 406668

I had this pre-painted stuff in the spares box, having removed it from a couple of discarded figures. It just needed a touch-up here and there and was then ready to go. That just leaves the ammo pouches and gun to do.
No cheating there Peter. You painted them in the first place, so recycling is perfectly reasonable. Looks great by the way!

Reactions: JR

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
OK, mega cheat time. I was working on the bread bag and suddenly realised how fed up I was with painting German equipment. So:

View attachment 406662View attachment 406666View attachment 406668

I had this pre-painted stuff in the spares box, having removed it from a couple of discarded figures. It just needed a touch-up here and there and was then ready to go. That just leaves the ammo pouches and gun to do.
peter - the equipment may be 'pre-used' but it fits in with the rest of the figure very nicely. great way to bypass a boring prt of the build. great job.

Peter

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Tim and Peter. I just couldn't paint another bread bag, gas mask, entrenching tool ensemble.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
See when you obtained some potplant soil other day I thought Katherine would either find out or retaliate. Taken and put in the most unlikely place Peter.
Nothing worse than taking soil to a gardener :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another super update and a subtle colour blend on the trousers to keep the figure from being too plain.

Lovely drapery and stronger highlights too?

No problem with recycling at all.

Time for a trip to another period, but I guess you are restricted by availability?

Perhaps another bust?

I guess you will need to leave the Wehrmacht alone for the next few months to get it out of your system?

And yes, another early Saturday for shopping delivery and decontamination, its part of the weekly routine after the past 6 months!

I hope to try a little more sculpting of cloths on Karrin this weekend as its so cold and wet out!

Enjoy finishing this one, and best of luck choosing your next victim.

I like your armour and metal work, but in fairness, I like all your work, so I'll be following whatever you feel will spark your interest for your next piece.

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

John - To be fair, I just told her to tip all of the discarded figures in the spare room into a big box, but Katherine does want them stored properly. The soil is still a secret that only Joe and I know (it was his 10th birthday on Tuesday by the way).

Steve - Most of what I have in the stash is German, though mainly busts, including a falschirmjager, panzer commander and DAK man, so at least they are a bit different. I also have on order a Reedees 1/9 German Motorcyclist, but at least there the scale is different. Can't say we have a decontamination routine, especially with a postman who insists on delivering hand to hand.(always with a wry smile upon his face). Hope you get some sculpting done over the weekend. Keep warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great again so far Peter and you're not cheating - you're simply not 'reinventing the wheel'.

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
gorgeous work,
After seeing this i'm gonna stick to painting Tanks... :smiling3:

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

Andrew - Thanks. I don't regret using the old equipment at all.

Chris - Glad you like him. You're figure work is fantastic, and it's 1/35 as well, which I can't paint at all. Looking forward to see you doing more.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Dang Peter,

In at the finish line here Sir...Once again, some really nice work on the uniform and hey, recycling is in for the equipment. I must admit, he is kind of an ugly brute though.....Thumbs up Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good for Katherine, we won't tell either.

Great finish and congrats on the photos, they look really good.

D

Deleted member 6559

Allen - Many thanks. He is a a bit of a tough, to be sure.

John - Glad you like this one.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Love that, seems like an effortless job from you every time. I know they aren’t, it’s a tribute to your abilities and talents.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter.
Just noticed it was Joe's birthday on Tuesday, hope he had a great day, and special treat at meal time.

D

Deleted member 6559

Si, Andy and Tim - Many thanks.

John - We had a trip to the seaside. It was freezing, but that didn't stop him going in for swim, which he loves.. We used his new special dog towel to dry and warm him up afterwards

• Love

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent finish, as usual Peter. What more can one say? The next one looks good !!
John.