Tamiya 1/16 German Infantryman

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Looking well washed out and a nice blue/grey contrast with the padded gloves too. The names Vallejo use can be distracting sometimes!

Looks like you have another grey day ahead with the light for painting!

Enjoy another grey palette, hopefully not too cold as it freezing up here!

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie and Neil - Thank you.

Steve - Morning. Vallejo colour titles can be hilarious, though they have improved my Spanish. Another grey day and grey palette - on to the legs today.

Jim - No pressure then! Many thanks.

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Si.

Legs:

100_8927.JPG100_8928.JPG100_8929.JPG

I used Vallejo Medium Camo Green dulled with a little black brown for the trousers to try and get a different shade of field grey. I did the same with Deep Green for the gaiters, and the boots were done with mixes of Leather Brown and Saddle Brown.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Super work on the drapery and a lovely subtle change of colour, it really does look well worn and washed out.

Another cold day ahead as the light gets less and less until we get to December 21st.

Have a good day with all the equipment

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve.

Pleased that you like the colour difference and that it works for you. On to his gear today and I've decided to go with the kit MP44 and ammo pouch combo, as it is a better fit. The short days and poor light are a real pain for someone who doesn't like working under artificial light. At least it means that my wife is happier that I spend less time modelling - she's fully retired now and is keeping an eye on me.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Peter

Yet again great work.

ATB

Andrew

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lost for words for a change.How you turn plastic figures into this sort of work is spellbinding mate.The colour tones are top drawer.The equipment is particularly eyecatching Pierre.
Rich

First Name
Stuart
Your figures just keep getting better Peter- another great take on this model!

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks chaps. This is actually a very nice sculpt, possibly Tamiya's best in the series. Really enjoyable to paint (especially non-camo).

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Lovely work on the accessories, coming together nicely.

I guess the figure was created for the MP44 and ammo pouches, so anything else would always look a little out of place.

Hopefully enough light today to finish off the accessories and keep Katherine happy too.

Have a good day with the paints

Regards

Steve H

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Another winning figure Peter, lovely work :thumb2:
Steven

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve - Katherine would only be happy if I gave up the hobby - ''All that time sitting at the table can't be good for you. No wonder you get headaches.'' etc etc. The torso had quite marked recesses for the MP44 ammo pouches and the kit ones were nicely curved to fit, so that's why I used them in the end. Should get him finished today, though seem to be suffering a bout of 'flu, so we'll see.

Steven - Thank you.

D

Deleted member 6559

Earwigo, finished:

100_8934.JPG100_8936.JPG100_8937.JPG100_8939.JPG100_8942.JPG

Today I finished the personal gear then added the guns and straps. Once I'd stuck him to the base I did some weathering with pastels to get the two to blend and to dirty up his clothes a bit..

Last edited by a moderator: