Tamiya 1/16 Luftwaffe Ace

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

I am sure you will be very happy with how this version is progressing in relation to your previous one, I certainly would.

He still has the look of a business exec, with the muted palette and the sculpt, though explaining the life preserver would be a difficult one.

The accessories will put him back into his period, and another successful upgrade on an old figure.

As for the knee, the damp does bring on the aching, but it was explained that its the change in air pressure that does that.

As the pressure changes both as a damp front arrives and leaves, you can see why its what everyone thinks of first.

Along with the damp and air pressure affecting your sinus and ears, in the UK with our ever swirling weather fronts coming for every direction, its no wonder, there is always something aching.

Though age does play its part, as I mentioned to Bob.

Work soon, thankfully only one in 5, not every Saturday, a 6 day week, that must have been a real pain.

Enjoy the day and the paint and hopefully everything will settle down for a relaxing Fathers day tomorrow

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Bob - Thanks my man.

Steve - The British weather has a lot to answer for. Actually, I've found it fascinating ever since studying meteorology a part of my geography A level - occluded fronts, temperature inversions, nocturnal terrestrial radiation etc etc. The knowledge doesn't help knees or sinuses though.

My main problem is pollen. Never had a touch of hay fever before the age of 50, then bang. I took the dog for a walk yesterday and came back with streaming eyes, a very runny nose and a severe headache. Is he worth it, we ask ourselves? (Of course he is).

Should get this one finished today. Have a good day at t'office.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Peter,

Just having a catch up round the village. That uniform and life jacket look superb!
I quite liked head number one until I saw head MK II....both very good but think your right in your decision.

I’m another that suffers from mid life hay fever. Never once suffered till I hit 40....what’s all that about?!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Morning Peter.
That new head is far better, I can see why you decided it looked wrong with the first one .
I too am interested in the weather, my late father kept meticulous records of temperature's, rain fall etc .
Of course seeing Carol the weather lady is another reason to watch ! :smiling2: :surprised::smiling3:

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Si - Glad you prefer head no.2. Hayfever, who needs it?

Morning John - The first head was a bit freakish in my opinion. Shame to spoil an otherwise OK figure.
I'm another who pays attention when I hear ''Here's Carol with the weather.''

D

Deleted member 6559

Done:

100_4846.JPG100_4852.JPG100_4854.JPG100_4853.JPG

All of the accessories and extras to add today.

I started with the boots, painting the suede, fur-backed panels a lighter colour than the black leather. I then placed the cap in his hands and added the binoculars, which usefully hide the flat underside of the cap.

I've also given him a flare pistol holster and lanyard (glue-soaked cotton), and I attached and painted the flare bandolier, which has turned out better than I expected. The map is something I printed off the internet and has been used on a couple of other figures.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looking very good Peter I’m sure the finish is near your build these like lighting and do we need to hose John down seems the weather and the weather lady has go him going

D

Deleted member 6559

Cheers Lee. It is finished, and now I'm trying to decide what next to build.

No need to hose John down - Carol's forecast enough rain in the UK lately.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Howdy Peter.
Another cracker my friend.Really looks the dogs doodahs.Hope Captain John Race is behaving himself at MAFVA today.Wish i could have gone and met the guys.Carol Kirkwood eh John,If he gets too much of a warm front we will have to cool his Cumulus down with a pale of cold water.
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks Richard my friend. Hope the weather stays cools for John at MAFVA!

First Name
Andrew
Version 2 even better than the first one and he's a more handsome guy, so easier on the eyes! Great figure Peter!!
Andy

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Agree ref number two, looks much more the part.
Regarding hay fever, spent the years from about four to about fifty absolutely dreading May and June. I used to be so bad some days I had to shut myself in a room with the windows closed just to try and get some relief. After about fifty it completely disappeared to the extent that I don’t even think about it now. Nice to know it found a good home though :thumb2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Andy - Thanks. We could all do with some better looking people in the world.

Mick - Very glad you like him.

Tim - Ditto, and thanks for the hayfever! We went to the coast yesterday for a bit of respite, but the wind was blowing off the land and it was as bad as ever - dammit.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
That is a great looking figure. With a bit of practice I reckon you could be quite good at this figure painting lark :tongue-out3:

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Lovely job, Peter, as expected!
I didn't see the first one, but with this one you've set me a great example for when I eventually get around to painting mine.
cheers
Neil

First Name
Andrew
Andy - Thanks. We could all do with some better looking people in the world.
Its strange. Mr Hitler had a plan for that and the Swede's went that way too for a while. (It's not a coincidence that there are so many good-looking Swedes!) Not a plan that is ever repeated, I hope, but probably will happen as nobody learns from history!
Andy