Tamiya 1/16 Machine Gunner

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Scottie - Too camera shy I'm afraid! I'll manage with stills.

John - That's a bit what it's like when a parcel from Richard arrives!

Clear here - dog walking weather. He had a whale of a time chasing pheasants and rabbits today. No dunking of the rusk in your coco if I get you one.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Looking very nice Peter, face and eyes have the suitable tired look in them.:thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

My work files and active claims were all assigned out as I left to have my knee replaced.

It will take a week or 2 for IT to get my log in organised as it is automatically disabled after 8 weeks LOL

I am on 3 days 10-2 this week, then 3 days 10-4 next week

Full time after 5/6 weeks, so again steady away.

Anna has already got a long list of ""as you are in Leeds can you just.....""

Great work on the great coat, all finished today!

The SBS next?

Can you list your colour palette too?

I shall try and find your African colour palette one day, this year, as I have several African heads to paint for the T34 in the Yemen.

Have a good day with the finish and dust/snow.

I shall be wiped out by this afternoon!

Regards

Steve H

Reactions: JR
First Name
Wouter
Great paintwork and contrasts again Peter. Always a joy to see your work.

D

Deleted member 6559

Ralph - Cheers.

Wouter. Many thanks for dropping in.

OK, that's enough for today, and guess what? It ain't finished! All of you face painting SBS stalkers will have to wait at least another day I'm afraid.

The basic figure is done though:

100_4193.JPG100_4194.JPG100_4195.JPG

Finishing the front included painting and adding the ammo pouch, flashlight, grenade and hands. The Verlinden hands fitted quite well and I've managed to arrange them in a way that hopefully makes sense of the raised thumb - i.e. it's steadying the end of the sausage while he pares off slices. The sausage was made from a section of sprue and I spent ages painting the top, dots of fat etc, which of course you can't see in the photos.

The boots have been basically painted, and I'm going to rely on the Krycell snow to bring out the detail.

The last stage will be painting the gun, billycan and helmet, adding everything to the base, then doing a bit of weathering.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Perfection, and every other word of praise I can think of.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
As in the words of the Supremes

YOU KEEP ME US HANGING ON.
1553009302122.png

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Beautiful work Peter and to think its still got more to come. Look forward to seeing it on the base.

If you need any help collecting your royalties from all these SBS's you are going to be doing just let me know :cool:

D

Deleted member 6559

100_4196.JPG

I decided to mount him on the base last night and get to work with the Krycell. I used their winter camo paint to add the snow to the boots and coat hem. The first major problem was that it completely stripped the paint off the boots, which are resin. These had to be re-painted and given a coat of varnish before re-weathering.

I found the paint quite hard to use and it was a struggle getting a convincing finish. Less was definitely more in this case, and much trial and error was used. I realised that it wasn't going to work if I just slapped it on, so I ended up stippling with a small brush.

Some accessories to add next.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter
Update live from my desk !
Only doing 4 hours but it wiped me out yesterday!
I'll need a better plan for stamina when I do eventually retire!
Lovely work on the boots, Peter
Is it finished?
Is the SBS on the launch pad?
Looks like you will have a crowd, hopefully no one will nudge your elbow at a crucial moment
Waiting in anticipation
Have a good day
Regards
Steve H

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hold your horses Steve - he's not quite finished. Final picks to follow.

Hopefully you'll build up a bit of stamina as you settle back into the job. Must be a real shock to the system.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Grandiose , Peter, another new word to use as the others are always the same .:smiling2:
Points I love are the detail on the shoes, and the snow on the bottom of the coat, the rest is as alway splendiferous
John.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks John. I'm actually not that sure about the snow. Weathering always seems to mess up my attempt at a nice clean finish, but it had to be done.

PS Some definitions of 'grandiose' also include the word 'pretentious' !!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Certainly not intended Peter ! I shall edit that to splendiferous:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
As a snow freak I can see nothing amiss .
John.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Splendid Peter.Really is a nice little vignette.Amazing what you can do with a kit and my tutt and tatt i rustle up.
Nice one Mate.
Richard