Tamiya 1/24 Ferrari F40

First Name
Jason
Finally! This one really got the better of me. The engine was great fun to build but everything else was a disaster. I ended up painting it twice due to an untidy overcrowded workbench and leaky glue:mad:.

Reviews of the kit that I'd read had said about fit issues at the rear end so I test fitted it several times and it looked sweet... Until final assembly and now it fits like a clowns shoe.

The window parts are way too thick and a complete nightmare to fit, especially the side windows which seem to be a totally different shape to the hole they're supposed to fit in especially at the A post.

And I think the wheels look a bit small.

Anyway. I couldn't get on with the Peugeot for the rally GB with this glaring at me from the shelf so I rolled up my sleeves and went into battle with it. It's not my proudest moment but on display behind glass it looks OK.

View attachment 76569

View attachment 76570

View attachment 76571

View attachment 76572

View attachment 76573

View attachment 76574

View attachment 76575

Thanks for looking

Jason

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Finally! This one really got the better of me. The engine was great fun to build but everything else was a disaster. I ended up painting it twice due to an untidy overcrowded workbench and leaky glue:mad:.Reviews of the kit that I'd read had said about fit issues at the rear end so I test fitted it several times and it looked sweet... Until final assembly and now it fits like a clowns shoe.

The window parts are way too thick and a complete nightmare to fit, especially the side windows which seem to be a totally different shape to the hole they're supposed to fit in especially at the A post.

And I think the wheels look a bit small.

Anyway. I couldn't get on with the Peugeot for the rally GB with this glaring at me from the shelf so I rolled up my sleeves and went into battle with it. It's not my proudest moment but on display behind glass it looks OK.

View attachment 76185 View attachment 76186 View attachment 76187 View attachment 76188 View attachment 76189 View attachment 76191 View attachment 76192

Thanks for looking

Jason
Well I'll tell you something Jason, for a pig of a build I think you pulled it out of the bag. I think you have done a superb job, all round it looks great.

Si:smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top work Jason , the back end looks ok, I see what you mean about the wheels though, cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Jason. Looks good to me, maybe the wheels are a tad small but it sure looks like a brand new Ferrari :smiling3:

W

Willi262

Not bad, all things considered. I can't see any real fault with it, looks like 5 stars to me...

First Name
rob
fabulous build mate. the wheels do tend to divert the eye though. change em and youve got one gorgeous model. well done.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Jason

The Ferrari looks good to me also but I think you're right about the wheels. That said it's a very tidy build and finish (looks faultless to me) and you should be proud.

Look forward to the Peugeot I'm sure it'll be another cracker.

Cheers

P

First Name
Adrian
That's a great build, the paint work looks superb too many people put such a high gloss on cars they don't look realistic, but yours is spot on :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Jason
Thanks for the great comments guys:smiling3: I'd like to apologize for the pictures though. I posted the thread from my phone and the pics didn't look too bad on the small screen; just looked through them on the laptop and they ain't brilliant!! Gonna have to invest in a new camera me thinks....

Jason