Tamiya 1/24 Lotus Super 7 Series II

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Here is my completed Lotus.
Not a particularly difficult build, and the parts were for the most part pretty good, and fit correctly.
It did test my spraying abilities somewhat, but I did learn a lot, which I will carry forward to future builds.

D26F0266-E788-4ADB-A1ED-773FD69BFFE5.jpeg8149FBD6-E0B9-49F4-B24D-D3929530B56D.jpegCBFCC0AD-241E-48BB-9910-1C53DFA09B90.jpeg

Here is a photo of the engine bay.

FD5BAA2C-1703-4346-AB21-3C674E331E09_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Adzam_1974

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thats pretty cool, i know what you mean regarding airbrush skills on cars! doing my first rally car , nightmare ! but that is nice and simple but nicely finished. well done.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Garry,

Very nicely done indeed!! That's turned out beautifully!!!

Very well done indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew

PS. I also see you've got some of those funny Model Colour bottles with the elongated neck.....

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Garry,

Very nicely done indeed!! That's turned out beautifully!!!

Very well done indeed!!

ATB.

Andrew

PS. I also see you've got some of those funny Model Colour bottles with the elongated neck.....
Thanks Andrew, much appreciated, I added a pic of the engine bay as well now.
I am limited by the paints that my local hobby shop stocks, but to be fair they do have a pretty wide range.
Cheers
Garry

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
In the words of Sir Len . "Yum, yum, pigs bum!" :thumb2:
Steve
(Sorry Gary; Just realised locale - translations/explanations available at 'minimal' cost)

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
In the words of Sir Len . "Yum, yum, pigs bum!" :thumb2:
Steve
(Sorry Gary; Just realised locale - translations/explanations available at 'minimal' cost)
Haha Steve, as an expat I know what that means, and thank you for your kind words. :smiling:

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
very nice

this is the kit that got me back into the hobby nearly 20 years ago.......and its one of my fave kits ever, done it 4 or 5 times since, and im ready to do it again

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Very nice build Garry.

When I was a nipper I helped build a 1:1 Lotus 7, back in the days when you avoided paying purchase tax by buying it as a kit. Lotus were'nt allowed to give you instructions for assembly, as that would be counted as "professional help" and make the transaction liable to tax... so they gave you instructions on how to take a finished one apart and put it back into the crates!

Pete

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Very nice build Garry.

When I was a nipper I helped build a 1:1 Lotus 7, back in the days when you avoided paying purchase tax by buying it as a kit. Lotus were'nt allowed to give you instructions for assembly, as that would be counted as "professional help" and make the transaction liable to tax... so they gave you instructions on how to take a finished one apart and put it back into the crates!

Pete
Thank you so much Pete.
You have to hand it to Lotus for thinking outside the box/crate