Tamiya 1/32 F-16 (the big box )

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That’s the terrifying stage…..I always think “what if it doesn’t come off”…..
You’re not kidding Tim, there’s always that thought in the back of your mind, what if I got a duff batch
I looked at the picture before reading your post and thought "What the b****y hell has happened" I imagined some kind of disaster but then read it was Flory Wash :smiling: :thumb2:
Does look awful doesn’t it Jim but I can report a successful removal
Looking superb now mick, ( well it will be once all that muck is cleaned off ! ) The hundreds of stencils are a grind arent they but once done it really lifts a model to the next level , especially on things like the stores . Nearly there now , top work mate , cheers tony
Many thanks Tony, they certainly do make a massive difference in this scale
Stunning work Mick. And well done with the marathon decal application! Home straight now and I just know this is going to be a special looking piece. Looking forward to the reveal.
Cheers, Paul
Thank you for that Paul, working my way through my pots of bits

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
The wash did exactly what it says on the bottle fortunately. Slowly ticking off the to do list and fitting parts that won’t get knocked off. Today it got its rubber shoes and the final bit of detailing, I think, I added the a wire from the nose wheel landing lights then after I took a pic finished painting them.
2309EC47-494C-4425-BEEF-4B9AC0D2DF77.jpeg

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Your drive for authenticity is commendable. I would have just cheated and moved the decal, ever so slightly. I know, lazy.
In the end I found it easier to cut them
Mick,
This is a build to be proud of mate.
Many thanks for hanging on in there
Superb stuff Mick :smiling3:
Looking forward to seeing the results of the wash, with that and those excellent decals,this is goiyto be a stunner
Thank you, hopefully not much longer now

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
The to do list has shrunk again. Flare and chaff dispensers fitted. Main undercarriage doors on, steps painted and started weathering, underwing pylons attached and a couple of detailing projects done concerning the remove before flight tags. I’ve been fitting 0.5mm sections of tubing to various parts to attach the tags. All has gone well so far and they just need weathering up. The only problem one was how to do the pilot tube on the nose, I had no suitable plastic tubing so tried a piece of insulating sleeve off some wire which has worked perfectly. A few more bits this weekend should see this put to bed.
A bit of weathering, and touch up the paint here
77514027-E8EE-403E-9FDB-0BF0B2138DCF.jpeg